Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Kaiser

Watching Newcastle I wonder what HBA is up to these days. Newcastle still top 4 contenders? :mou:

+1 those permabans are a bit over the top IMO. HBA and Dalitis were so fun to read. Now that Cesc is broadly accepted by this forum and Newcastle arent good anymore they wouldnt have much to troll about.

XaviMessiGirl

+1 those permabans are a bit over the top IMO. HBA and Dalitis were so fun to read. Now that Cesc is broadly accepted by this forum and Newcastle arent good anymore they wouldnt have much to troll about.

Dalitis was banned for racism, so he's never going to be allowed back. But to me at least, if HBA ever tried to come back, I wouldn't mind so much if he cooled off with the conspiracy theories he had (his constant thread derailment is what got him banned). But it's not only my decision.

Meitux

3 goals in 2 games for Lukaku. He already proved that he's able to be a great center forward and improve but no Mourinho didn't like him, loaning him without any real reason after an impressive season with West Brom and didn't even give him a fair chance to prove if he's ready or not for Chelsea. While making a big name ''fancy'' transfer of a player in Eto'o who has been out of top football for 2 seasons. Spot on Mourinho, spot on...

Last edited:

pEllee

To be fair, Chelsea is a striker's graveyard though. He didn't impress me at all when he played for Chelsea during pre-season and the few other minutes he got weren't impressive either.

I've said it before, playing as a striker for Chelsea is incredibly difficult. There's no width. It's no coincidence so many strikers fail there. Just look at Ba for instance. Was so good for Newcastle, compare that to what he looks like in a Chelsea shirt. That's just a recent example, there are many others.

It's no coincidence that it's basically always Lampard or an attacking midfielder/winger who end up as top scorer.

Torres did show some signs of improvement last season though. Did really well in the Europa League. Did good against Spurs last weekend as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he scores for Chelsea tonight.

-
I don't think Lukaku would score as much as he did in WBA in Chelsea. At least not now. His technique is still a bit average to be honest. Needs to work on it. So he can provide some first class linkup play. He seems to have an eye for a pass, and he's ridiculously strong so there's plenty of potential for that task.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Everton: Howard, Baines, Distin, Jagielka (c), Coleman, McCarthy, Osman, Naismith, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku

Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Lescott, Kompany (c), Silva, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Toure, Milner, Negredo, Aguero.

Deulofeu on the bench for everton.

CevinK

Seems like City again with their 352 formation... I don´t get why- their defense is absolutely shit with this formation and Everton can surely exploit it.

Meitux

Seems like City again with their 352 formation... I don´t get why- their defense is absolutely shit with this formation and Everton can surely exploit it.
Where did you see that? It's not. A 4 man defence with Zabaleta - Kompany - Lescott and Kolarov..

Meitux

"I consider Dzeko the main striker of the team " - Pellegrini

:lol:

Obviously, that experiment failed.
He was one of the worst against Bayern, yeah he's a decent player but on pressure and without service and free space he can't make anything, he lost the ball countless times in tight situations.

pEllee

He was one of the worst against Bayern, yeah he's a decent player but on pressure and without service and free space he can't make anything, he lost the ball countless times in tight situations.

Indeed he is a decent/good player. But Pellegrini gave him more playing time than he deserved, just for him to get some confidence. However, every time Negredo came on, he either scored or did something good. He's just a much better striker than Dzeko.

Dzeko is a great sub though, I'll give him that.

Meitux

Indeed he is a decent/good player. But Pellegrini gave him more playing time than he deserved, just for him to get some confidence. However, every time Negredo came on, he either scored or did something good. He's just a much better striker than Dzeko.

Dzeko is a great sub though, I'll give him that.
I agree on that, he also had 2 assists against United, he should be starting judging from his performances right now and if he maintains that, i would like to see Jovetic as second striker and play Aguero as CF, he wasn't at the subs agaisnt Bayern and isn't today either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans