Premier League 2021/2022

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fati_Future_BallonDor

This might be the most competitive top 6 fight in the history of all leagues. Maybe only Serie A from 80s/90s can compete?

it always looks like that in the beginning but will calm down as the season goes on. Remember everton last season when they won the first 4 matches and then fall down.

Morten

I dont know if its the same, but didnt they remove the red card for fouling the last man inside the box, but its still a red if you prevent a direct goal?

Also, if the ball deflects from a part of your body to your arm, didnt they change it so its no longer handball?

serghei

I think they need to change this rule. If it goes from your leg to hand, max yellow. Stupid to give Red.

Way too harsh.

Can't give less than red imo, because the ball was going in. So if you give penalty and yellow, that's worse than goal from Liverpool's pov. You have to give a harsher punishment. And the only thing worse than a sure goal is pen for you and red card for the opponent. Maximum penalty. Otherwise, all teams would rather make a pen to prevent a goal. Maybe the other team misses the pen.

In these situations with hand ball on the line, pen and red is the only way. Especially when the gesture looks to be deliberate.

Last edited:

Mateka

It was a penalty. As a neutral I want 11 v 11.
Before the hand ball Christianson - I think - and Mendy went for the same ball. A Mendy catch and there is no hand ball.

It was Alonso.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Can't give less than red imo, because the ball was going in. So if you give penalty and yellow, that's worse than goal for Liverpool. You have to give a harsher punishment. And the only thing worse than a sure goal is pen for you and red card for the opponent. Maximum penalty. Otherwise, all teams would rather make a pen to prevent a goal. Maybe the other team misses the pen.

Penalty is 70% goal. Red card is like one goal itself and 70% goal. Soo why too harsh.

I would understand if he saved the goal with hand but it went from his knee to hand.

serghei

Penalty is 70% goal. Red card is like one goal itself and 70% goal. Soo why too harsh.

70% goal is less than 100% goal.

I agree, the punishment is really bad for the receiving team, which is why defenders need to not use their hands to control the ball on the line.

fergus90

I'd even chuck West Ham in with a shout of top 6. They seemed to have carried on momentum from last season when they managed to get 6th.

Total-Football

Problem with chealsea.. Is that they play tournament style football in the league.. This approach seldom works if u want to compete for points.. Ac Milan had similar strategy at some point.. The used to be the champions league monster but juventus used to take titles.

serghei

Imo, it's a great top 4. United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea. This will be top 4 easily imo, but these teams are pretty close in value and it will be very interesting. Until late in CL, this is the football to see. Don't like it but it's how it is.

Home of Barca Fans