Premier League 2021/2022

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Temptation

Ramos wasn't one of the best defenders ever in terms of actual defensive ability.

Very good leadership, very good defending, great goal scoring in key moments is how I would rate him.

Obviously an all time great as a package of those 3 things, but his 1 on 1 defensive ability was not the level of the great defenders like say a Baresi, Maldini, Nesta etc.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Nailed it.

serghei

City better in midfield, Liverpool better in attack. Arnold is great in offense, but an absolute pancake defensively, even opposing fullbacks dribble him with ease 1 vs 1.

El Gato

Villarato!
They didnt stand out. People forget about how frequent they were. Maybe since you watch all games you paid notice but general public does not see it like that. Hence overrated. Overrated does not mean he not good.

Werent frequent over stretch of a season each time, just when happened they were memorable
He's not overrated by general public. It is the general public who claim he's a shit defender because he got red carded a lot
In reality is a great defender who had a lot of brain farts

Much like Van Dijk who has less of them but they're still there
Building a consistent library of these (penalty he conceded that Mahrez missed in autumn of 2019 I think, strange mistake in 1/4 CL where Sane goal was ruled out by Lahoz after)

KingLeo10

I have to say although the players in the great CL matches (Barca - United 09, RM - Bayern 12, Barca - Bayern 15, RM - Bayern -17 ) of the late 00s/early 10s were more studded, this is probably the highest tactical level the game has ever been played.

Horatio

You're welcome
Werent frequent over stretch of a season each time, just when happened they were memorable
He's not overrated by general public. It is the general public who's a shit defender because he got red carded a lot
In reality is a great defender who had a lot of brain farts

Much like Van Dijk who has less of them but they're still there
Building a consistent library of these (penalty he conceded that Mahrez missed in autumn of 2019 I think, strange mistake in 1/4 CL where Sane goal was ruled out by Lahoz after)

Id like to direct you to what kingleo said. Expresses as well what i meant

serghei

I have to say although the players in the great CL matches (Barca - United 09, RM - Bayern 12, Barca - Bayern 15, RM - Bayern -17 ) of the late 00s/early 10s were more studded, this is probably the highest tactical level the game has ever been played.

Yep. I think Pep is a better manager now than in the past. Just that the current City team is a far cry to the dream team he had in the past.

Temptation

Another great post ngl.

Home of Barca Fans