Premier League 2021/2022

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horatio

You're welcome
That happens in general conversation because he played as defender so people make a mental shortcut
Obviously defending is not what they mean when they say it. Still a very good player there regardless and not like you're choosing scrub ahead of Beckenbauer

No. Overrated =/= not good player. Would not be at madrid otherwise

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ramos changed Real Madrid more than any other player or manager in the 2010s.

Without his goal vs. Atletico and their long chase of La Decima finally ending who knows, they might have been chasing that till now. Their mentality in the CL changed after that.

Catta

Jesus has become underrated. His contract expires in 2023, and if City get Haaland, he could be a cheap option for Barca. He knows Peps style, would adapt quickly to Xaviball.

DonAK

Sadly, we're a couple of years off of this level. Not sure any of our veterans can cope. Just too soft.

Busquets and Pique will be gone after next season I feel like. Been strong rumors about a 2023 MLS move for Busquets.

serghei

Ramos changed Real Madrid more than any other player or manager in the 2010s.

Without his goal vs. Atletico and their long chase of La Decima finally ending who knows, they might have been chasing that till now. Their mentality in the CL changed after that.

Nah. Always had proper elite mentality IMO since 2010. More than anything I think Mou's impact with them is underrated. That team we knocked out in 2011 semifinal was on par with any other Madrid version bar 2017 one.

People take those 4 matches with them in april-may 2011 for granted, but that Madrid was CL winner material. Imo they beat United in the final.

DonAK

Nah. Always had proper elite mentality IMO. More than anything I think Mou's impact with them is underrated.

Yeah but most of those years they weren't living up to that and it reeked of desperation. That win took a lot of pressure off their backs so they could go back to that mentality. Remember they had quite a few embarrassing eliminations themselves. A couple vs. Lyon in R16s and such.

serghei

Yeah but most of those years they weren't living up to that and it reeked of desperation. That win took a lot of pressure off their backs so they could go back to that mentality. Remember they had quite a few embarrassing eliminations themselves. A couple vs. Lyon in R16s and such.

That was last one, vs Lyon. When Mourinho came, they really grew a lot in terms of mentality and he + Zidane get most of my credit for their 2010s domination in CL.

If anything, the 5-0 in 2010 we handed to them was realization time that they need to work like beasts to keep up with that mega-team, and they really turned on the work ethic which carried well into the next decade.

I remember Clasicos from 2010 to 2011-2013 got increasingly tough and gruesome affairs. Madrid's transformation in 2 years or so was tremendous.

Home of Barca Fans