Premier League 2021/2022

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

serghei

I will say....all throughout the game, not just the end, City's passing was shit. The nerves got to them. And then of course a big loss once you lose one of few that actually shows mental fortitude(Walker) and once you lose an anchor like that it affects whole team mentally even more.

True, but it's Pep's fault. He likes his teams to be cute on the ball, but when the going gets tough you need some alpha males to respond to fire with fire. City has Laporte, Ederson and Rodri. :lol: Way too soft.

He seems to forget that at Barcelona he had these players like Eto'o, Alves, Mascherano, Puyol, Abidal.

Horatio

You're welcome
Wait...I didn't know 6th goes to Europea League as well. Thought 5th EL and 6th Conference. Well good for Man U then.

Horatio

You're welcome
True, but it's Pep's fault. He likes his teams to be cute on the ball, but when the going gets tough you need some alpha males to respond to fire with fire.

Yes. I have come to think the same. Pep does not want any player that disagrees with him. But maybe you need a few in the mental mix of the team just like you need a balance of different profile players. Walker is a fighter yes, and you need around 3-4 of those I'd say. And then those players can actually inspire majority of team or all of them.

This what cost us a few CL's in recent years.

BBZ was clearly on to something.

Last edited:

serghei

Yes. I have come to think the same. Pep does not want any player that disagrees with him. But maybe you need a few in the mental mix of the team just like you need a balance of different profile players.

You absolutely do need players with personality and warrior mentality in CL, because it is very unlikely you will be a level above the competition, so you have to know how to suffer and come out on top. In the league no, you lose a game, no biggie, you win the next 10 in a row or something.

City were just minutes away from going out vs Atletico IMO for the same reason. They barely managed to hold on. Atletico with the pressure of the fans were all over them in the 2nd half.

They also have a problem with Laporte and Dias. You get the feeling that they are basically the same profile. Both technical but error-prone and soft. As in having two Piques and no Puyol and Mascherano top dog.

I'd keep Dias, sell Laporte, hopefully not to us.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Wait...I didn't know 6th goes to Europea League as well. Thought 5th EL and 6th Conference. Well good for Man U then.

2 teams from the top 5 league goes to EL either by:

a) winning the FA Cup and falling out of top 6 + 5th placed team.
b) 5th and 6th placed teams if the winner of the FA Cup is in the top 4.

Confusing thing with lots of permutations so Man Utd might still end up at Conference league depending on how things goes.

Horatio

You're welcome
Considering Unites likely ends up 7th it doesn't matter much for them.

You think West Ham will knock them off of 6th place? Not sure. West Ham plays City next which they will not win and after that Brighton which will be a tough one as well.

Morten

You think West Ham will knock them off of 6th place? Not sure. West Ham plays City next which they will not win and after that Brighton which will be a tough one as well.

West Ham win the other game, while United lose their last, West Ham takes it on g/d, quite likely actually.

Home of Barca Fans