Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

Birdy

Nah. City is better. Better individuals.

City is for sure better
They have the best coach in the world, and a squad that is 100 times better than Arsenal's

But they aren't as concentrated and determined so far.

Plus, we haven't seen them in big games yet. A win against a UTD in the build, and a loss against a struggling Pool.
Not the best evidence

serghei

United are like us with more money. Their squad is far from well-built even though they invested hugely year after year almost.

I hope we don't end up like that 10 years into our rebuild :lol:. Terrible waste of time and money.

Ten Hag, like Xavi, has a very difficult project at hands. More money, true, but also more difficult league rivals.

delancey

United are like us with more money. Their squad is far from well-built even though they invested hugely year after year almost.

I hope we don't end up like that 10 years into our rebuild :lol:. Terrible waste of time and money.

Ten Hag, like Xavi, has a very difficult project at hands. More money, true, but also more difficult league rivals.

Their rebuild continues :lol:

stb_1

Loving the Premier League this year.

I think City are a blessing and a curse for the league, a blessing because they are probably the best team in the world (or at least top 3) so they will raise levels in the league and England always has a great chance to win the CL, but also a curse because teams like Arsenal who would definitely win the league usually, wont while City are around.

Loving Arsenal and Newcastle this year. De Zerbi with Brighton excites me.. good squads like Wolves and Villa who have underperfomed finally have top class managers. Ten Hag and Manchester United have just started a new project, Graham Potter who has been great for smaller clubs finally has a big money team to work with... The league is stacked and should be insane after the WC.

Birdy

Ten Hag is unlike Xavi
Ten Hag offered serious evidence from his work after the wonders he achieved with Ajax.
And only 3 months in, he has shown much more in how his team plays compared to what Xavi has in 1 year.

You are trying to push constantly this line of equating Xavi with Ten Hag, Arteta or other accomplishes coaches like Poch
Cut it out

PS: Nice that you simply flee when you are cornered.
I provided you your quote calling Ten Hag 'average', and you disappeared instead of admitting you were wrong

serghei

Ten Hag is unlike Xavi
Ten Hag offered serious evidence from his work after the wonders he achieved with Ajax.
And only 3 months in, he has shown much more in how his team plays compared to what Xavi has in 1 year.

You are trying to push constantly this line of equating Xavi with Ten Hag, Arteta or other accomplishes coaches like Poch
Cut it out

PS: Nice that you simply flee when you are cornered.
I provided you your quote calling Ten Hag 'average', and you disappeared instead of admitting you were wrong

You what? :lol: Where is it? Must have been lost on the way.

stb_1

93 point a season manager for the last 13 years.

His league dominance is otherworldly.

He's had the best Barca team ever, the best Bayern team ever and the best City team ever.. to be fair.

City I think he deserves the most credit for. He transformed them to average overspenders to genuine world class team.

KingLeo10

He's had the best Barca team ever, the best Bayern team ever and the best City team ever.. to be fair.

City I think he deserves the most credit for. He transformed them to average overspenders to genuine world class team.

Either he's the luckiest manager of all time (unlikely)...

OR...

He had a significant role in his tenure coinciding with the best ever era for clubs like Barca and Bayern and City (more likely)

serghei

I saw the quote [MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION], discussion was about managers who would improve us, naming Conte and Tuchel as the minimum level that I would go for to replace Xavi. Especially Tuchel. Of course Ten Hag can't match Tuchel who, while not perfect, won a CL and dominated both Klopp and Pep briefly, in multiple games even.

I bet Chelsea miss Tuchel now.

You have to look at context. By a normal standard, even Valverde is a good manager. By a very high standard... like say building a CL challenging team, he's mediocre.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans