Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

jamrock

The ideal way to run a modern club, if you want to compete at the very highest level, is I'm sad to say Madrid, Bayern to a way lesser extent.

Sign great players, pay them at most market rate or below, then sell them when they get to 30+ and want big money.

serghei

The ideal way to run a modern club, if you want to compete at the very highest level, is I'm sad to say Madrid, Bayern to a way lesser extent.

Sign great players, pay them at most market rate or below, then sell them when they get to 30+ and want big money.

Of course. We do the opposite, get hamstrung by legends and pay them the most when they are washed up.

Hilariously, our players were earning far less in 2011 than in 2020 or so. :lol: Clown club.

serghei

We still got all the players we wanted last window.

It's weird to paint us as this weird underdog.

Because of levers. Now levers are gone, and where do we get the money?

Curious where do we get another 150-200m to invest in the team. I heard we can't even do it because of new FFP rules in Spain.

jamrock

Of course. We do the opposite, get hamstrung by legends and pay them the most when they are washed up.

Hilariously, our players were earning far less in 2011 than in 2020 or so. :lol: Clown club.

Stupidest shit ever, to this day I can't get over it.

jamrock

Getting the money to spend 100-150m isn't the issue, it's the wage build, we can't blow 100m on 1 player anymore, but as a club we can still find 100-150m, to spend some 2/3.

serghei

Getting the money to spend 100-150m isn't the issue, it's the wage build, we can't blow 100m on 1 player anymore, but as a club we can still find 100-150m, to spend some 2/3.

Problem is right now 40-50m is the new normal fee for a talented player with some exposure in big games. Talented, but not necessarily a hit player. You could spend 150m on 3 players and 2 could flop. Liverpool didn't have nearly the same luck with signings at the level of Salah and Mane for example. It's a situation all clubs face.

mc_lovin

Money isn't the problem, getting out of the restrictive FFP rules is.

Question is how long we need to make a profit (or whatever) for them to not cripple us anymore.

serghei

Money isn't the problem, getting out of the restrictive FFP rules is.

Question is how long we need to make a profit (or whatever) for them to not cripple us anymore.

I heard 5 years. So the entire mandate of Laporta is crippled by those insane losses from end of Bartomeu era.

serghei

Odegaard is playing great football in the last 1 year or so. I bet Madrid miss him now. Proper AM and would have been the perfect Kroos replacement.

Home of Barca Fans