Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

FinBarcelonafan

They will get a slap in the face and lose few points. I don't think PL gains much from dropping City a level and all the bad press with it.

PL knows they need to attract rich owners to stay the #1 league in the world. Punishing City is the opposite of that and should scare other billionaires investing in the league.

Birdy

They will get a slap in the face and lose few points. I don't think PL gains much from dropping City a level and all the bad press with it.

PL doesn't think like that

Premier League regulative body ain't like corrupted UEFA who is padding in the back the sugar daddy states

Time for this one to go until the end

FinBarcelonafan

PL doesn't think like that

Premier League regulative body ain't like corrupted UEFA who is padding in the back the sugar daddy states

Time for this one to go until the end

Let's face it, they are #1 league now because the money. They know it. They can throw so ridiculous amounts of money, that they can sign almost any player from any league. Other than few top teams.

I think they want to keep it that way. Their league gets all the star players.

Birdy

Let's face it, they are #1 league now because the money. They know it. They can throw so ridiculous amounts of money, that they can sign almost any player from any league. Other than few top teams.

I think they want to keep it that way. Their league gets all the star players.

I don't agree
EPL people don't think according to that rationale
They are conservative and idealist. They would rather not have the benefits of petrodollars if rules are breached

FinBarcelonafan

I don't agree
EPL people don't think according to that rationale
They are conservative and idealist. They would rather not have the benefits of petrodollars if rules are breached

Read Newcastle forum, ManU, Liverpool. They don't give a rat *** where the money comes from as long as they can win, especially desperate(Liverpool/United) teams like these(after they saw success of City and the new found money with Newcastle).

Especially now that the competition has tons of money, everyone wants a lot of money.

Oil money, oligarchs money used to be an issue but not anymore. Now almost every team has a rich sugar daddy.. in the end it's the same. Oil daddy, Oligarch daddy or American Daddy.

Heck, even sometimes I joke get that Oil money and fix this club.. But in the end, that's one part I respect this club. So we should try to stay away from it. It keeps us different from all those daddy money clubs.

You take rich daddy money and you will all turn into the same soulless team.

Last edited:

Birdy

Read Newcastle forum, ManU, Liverpool. They don't give a rat *** where the money comes from as long as they can win, especially desperate teams like these(after they saw success of City and the new found money with Newcastle).

Especially now that the competition has tons of money, everyone wants a lot of money.

Oil money, oligarchs money used to be an issue but not anymore. Now almost every team has a rich sugar daddy.. in the end it's the same. Oil daddy, Oligarch daddy or American Daddy.

Heck, even sometimes I joke get that Oil money and fix this club.. But in the end, that's one part I respect this club. So we should try to stay away from it. It keeps us different from all those daddy money clubs.

You take rich daddy money and you will all turn into the same soulless team.

You are referring to the fans now
I am referring to the governing body

fergus90

Realistically i reckon a 15 point deduction, however a part of me wishes that Stockport County was their local derby for next season.

JamDav1982

15 point deduction isnt enough.

If they can be proved to be financially doping with false commercial deals they should be relegated.

xxxxxx

15 point deduction isnt enough.

If they can be proved to be financially doping with false commercial deals they should be relegated.

Not just relegated to the Championship, they should be relegated to League 2. These clubs need to be punished.

Porque

Not just relegated to the Championship, they should be relegated to League 2. These clubs need to be punished.

Nah they should be relegated even lower. Straight to LaLiga.

Don't see much coming from this but could be wrong. The ESL was stopped politically by UK government protecting national interest. UK won't want to hinder money flows to the UK and all that tax income. They won't want to risk the City group switching their primary vehicle somewhere else.

Financial doping and laundering are two very different things politically and legally.

Slap on the risk most likely. Docked points in a campaign they are unlikely to win I reckon. But not docked enough to miss out on Europe.

Birdy

Docked points is not a punishment, it's a cover-up
Relegation is a mild one as well

The real punishment that will hurt them is stripping them off of all the titles won in the years the violations occurred
That would essentially remove all their titles since Abu Dabi took over, EPLs FA cups League cups

What they did in Italy stripping Juve off of the 2005 and 2006 league titles

Jenks

Maybe everyone at the club knows a points deduction is coming, and that's why they are the way they are right now.

Home of Barca Fans