Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

mc_lovin

Real and PSG are nowhere close the top-5 this season

Top5 from what we have seen in all games and competition up to now (Feb 11th) is:

Bayern
Arsenal
Napoli
City
Utd

then maybe it's Barca

Not gonna lie, it's a a bit weird to simp for United when even their recent results have been quite mediocre. I can understand being a bit careful about putting Barca in the top5 given our CL form, but that applies to others as well (Arsenal, Utd..).

We will see soon enough where we stand in comparison to them though.

ajnotkeith

Not gonna lie, it's a a bit weird to simp for United when even their recent results have been quite mediocre. I can understand being a bit careful about putting Barca in the top5 given our CL form, but that applies to others as well (Arsenal, Utd..).

Think people are jumping the gun with United because of how much progress they've made but they are still far away from being a top team. Love ETH and his work but they need a season or two more before they will get into that top echelon.

Porque

Has anyone watched PSG since the World Cup. They have consistently been beaten (4 times) by the top teams in France. And by beaten I mean also outplayed.

Not near the top 5 unless they suddenly turn it around in Europe. Form says no even with all their top players fit.

We're in there ahead of Man UTD right now. Euro game will tell us alot about our current form and potential. And about theirs for that matter too.

Question better left for end of season though. Arsenal could throw it all away in a very Arsenal way. Pep would win the double in a very Pep way. As could Madrid.

Birdy

Arsenal have been excellent all season mate. I don't know what are you talking about

As for UTD, they have improved exponentially in the football they play all past months. Every month they play better than the previous one.
I don't see any of the supposedly 'top' teams, apart from the ones I noted, like Madrid or PSG being anywhere near in what they play

KingLeo10

Retarded logic, but I wasn't expecting something better from you

All other top teams have the burden of playing in their league plus the premier club competition in the world.

Meanwhile, you're over there dancing like an uninvited bozo for a club that has no CL expectations/pressure/stress :lol:

fergus90

I'd say getting the EL title is going to confirm that theory. 2 of the other pretenders to top 5 in Arsenal and United in it too.

But squad is short for a full 3 fronts fight.

Yeah it's unrealistic to win a treble every year, Barca and Bayern are the only two teams to have done it twice in footballs long history. Plus there are too many variables and moments separated by the tiniest of margins.

I don't really by theory of the team that wins the Champions League is Europe's certified best either. It can happen of course, but it's dependent on luck of the draw, moments in games etc.

KingLeo10

United have proven less than us. We're 8 points clear of RM. Our league form is much superior to theirs.

Both are in Europa.

mc_lovin

Arsenal have been excellent all season mate. I don't know what are you talking about

As for UTD, they have improved exponentially in the football they play all past months. Every month they play better than the previous one.
I don't see any of the supposedly 'top' teams, apart from the ones I noted, like Madrid or PSG being anywhere near in what they play

The point was about Barca relative to United mate.

serghei

Yeah it's unrealistic to win a treble every year, Barca and Bayern are the only two teams to have done it twice in footballs long history. Plus there are too many variables and moments separated by the tiniest of margins.

I don't really by theory of the team that wins the Champions League is Europe's certified best either. It can happen of course, but it's dependent on luck of the draw, moments in games etc.

True, but neither is just winning the league and going out early in CL. You have to at least make a deep run in Europe imo, at least quarters or something.

Birdy

All other top teams have the burden of playing in their league plus the premier club competition in the world.

Meanwhile, you're over there dancing like an uninvited bozo for a club that has no CL expectations/pressure/stress :lol:

This is a clich? drawn out of a drawer once someone has nothing to say.
Show me the top teams that lost points in their domestic leagues because of CL pressure so far. City? no, RM? no, Liverpool? no they have been bad regardless.

This pressure you are talking about happens in knock-outs, especially QFs and SFs which come at the end of the season while team has to play important league games for title/CL spot.
That happened last season with Liverpool and City playing CL SFs while having to win every league game to go until the end.

Next sloppy argument in your hopeless attempt to downgrade Arteta's work?

Morten

Arsenal are losing some steam and the short squad is not doing them any favors.

Thing is, City doesnt look like going on of their typical winning streaks this season, while United are a work in progress, so Arsenal are favorites on my mind.

fergus90

True, but neither is just winning the league and going out early in CL. You have to at least make a deep run in Europe imo, at least quarters or something.

Absolutely and there's more than one way to skin a cat as they say. Real for example always seem to click at the right time March-May. Even when Barca was the world's best team, we'd slip up at crucial moments.

15/16 for example was the best chance you'll get to see b2b trebles and then we fell apart in April. Crashed out of Europe and allowed a 15 point cushion in the league, vanish to 1 point where we basically stumbled over the line to still win a great domestic double.

KingLeo10

:lol: Birdy is literally the most obtuse person I've come across.

Mental faculties average (I would hope it's stubbornness rather than flat out retardation), while having the ego of someone with Johan Cruyff's football accomplishments :lol:

"Visionary" from Walmart, this one

Home of Barca Fans