Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

Birdy

Didn't United beat them this season also? :lol: Arsenal also failed to beat Newcastle, who are 4th.

Spurs, Chelsea (lol), and Liverpool are having poor AF seasons. Hardly top drawer competition this season.

Pipe down OptaBirdy :lol:

Dude this is the big6 in EPL, If you want a yardstick against top sides, you have it there.

But you can continue in your clownery. Maybe Arsenal is also a historical rival of Barca, so we should hate them irrespective of identity, football, etc

Windhook

Naaah. Not really. Arsenal was getting hyped up like crazy. Most were sure they would beat Man U...which they did. But saying now them turning shit is what everyone expected....I smell after timing.

Those are your renditions, none of them I share by the way.

El Gato

Villarato!
Wolfe is tripping, after all they are better than likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd this season.

Funny how being better than Man Utd is somehow a hallmark of quality now

People's perception has shifted hugely since summer for various reasons. Back then nobody even had Arsenal in top4 going into the year. Arsenal being good is arguably byproduct of everyone else underperforming lots and having plenty bad luck with injuries. You can find posts in this thread how I said Arteta is actually doing well even last year but measure of his success won't be FA Cup or Europa. It'll be how he performs under pressure.

And they predictably went into a first rut where their quality is questioned and things fall apart. Not first team to experience that. Can only hope City have plenty bad luck in Europe to bail out their league campaign

JamDav1982

Arsenal made a huge jump to even be competing for title this season.

They have a very good young team.

Folk trying to make out it is some kind of faiiure for them not to win it are spouting nonsense.

malvolio

People's perception has shifted hugely since summer for various reasons. Back then nobody even had Arsenal in top4 going into the year. Arsenal being good is arguably byproduct of everyone else underperforming lots and having plenty bad luck with injuries. You can find posts in this thread how I said Arteta is actually doing well even last year but measure of his success won't be FA Cup or Europa. It'll be how he performs under pressure.

And they predictably went into a first rut where their quality is questioned and things fall apart. Not first team to experience that. Can only hope City have plenty bad luck in Europe to bail out their league campaign

I didn't say they're world beaters, but not too shabby either. Them getting out of CL groups would be expected, of course KOs wouldn't be for them, for various reasons(quality, depth, inexperience etc).

Birdy

You can nullify many titles won with this faulty logic. Liverpool won EPL in 2020 because City underperformed, City won in 21 and 18 because all others underperformed, etc.
Give credit where its due, and stop being uncharitable and miserable

As for them falling apart, early to tell. We will see in the next weeks if that scenario materializes

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah he's done better at Arsenal than OGS at united.

Don't think he did. About the same. And OGS had a worse squad that he didn't control much for at least 2 years.

Reserving judgement on Arsenal to see if they're in their Tottenham 15/16 patch. I rate some of their players but not keen on seeing them as some great side yet. Plenty factors this year to make one doubt how much they took advantage of rest of the pack pacing selves for WC and having all kinds of injury + institutional issues

Rory

Don't think he did. About the same. And OGS had a worse squad that he didn't control much for at least 2 years.

Reserving judgement on Arsenal to see if they're in their Tottenham 15/16 patch. I rate some of their players but not keen on seeing them as some great side yet. Plenty factors this year to make one doubt how much they took advantage of rest of the pack pacing selves for WC and having all kinds of injury + institutional issues

Worse squad? This season Arsenal have a better squad than united had with OGS sure. Partly because OGS could get little out of them and that Arteta has built up this squad. OGS had plenty of money to spend though.

Go check the Arsenal squad from when he took over to what it is now. Rest of the pack falling behind would also apply to united finishing 2nd with OGS. He ended that 2020/2021 season on 74 points in 2nd. This season that will probably be enough to finish 4th.

You sure this isn't just your general dislike of Pep and Arteta being football control freaks talking?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Another terrible high-profile EPL game, level of the top teams is the lowest since Leicester won the league probably.

Dortmund-Chelsea though was properly entertaining and fast-paced with good technical football played.

JamDav1982

The game was good.

Arsenal actually played fairly well and could have gone either way.

Far far better standard of league than when Leicester won.

Porque

Game was great entertainment with the penalty call, the disallowed goal, the aftermath with the unpunished Haaland elbow and then him scoring the winner minutes later.

PremierLeague may have clownshow VAR and be a shitshow for football purists, but for the TikTok generation it is the WWE of football.

Home of Barca Fans