Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

Morten

City has better squad depth than Arsenal, so one can say that Arsenal did well, but isn't their season overall a failure?

Arsenal has had way fewer fixtures to compensate for their lack of squad depth, they crashed out of every cup early, all in on the league, and will fail in the end.

If they had, say, won a domestic cup, or the EL, and did 2nd place, then we are talking a successful season, but now? I don't know, looks like a failure to me.

I mean, they can still go to Ethiad and win, but i doubt it.

Jenks

City has better squad depth than Arsenal, so one can say that Arsenal did well, but isn't their season overall a failure?

Arsenal has had way fewer fixtures to compensate for their lack of squad depth, they crashed out of every cup early, all in on the league, and will fail in the end.

If they had, say, won a domestic cup, or the EL, and did 2nd place, then we are talking a successful season, but now? I don't know, looks like a failure to me.

I mean, they can still go to Ethiad and win, but i doubt it.
At the start of the season, how many people would think they'd be in the top four, let alone the title race?

Morten

At the start of the season, how many people would think they'd be in the top four, let alone the title race?

They performed better in the league then expected, but they also crashed out of every cup early to focus on the league, also, certain rivals were crap this season.

You can view that as a succesful season, im not sure it qualifies.

iniestaGOAT

They performed better in the league then expected, but they also crashed out of every cup early to focus on the league, also, certain rivals were crap this season.

You can view that as a succesful season, im not sure it qualifies.

It definitely does not,

Bottle job after bottle job against relegation fodders

El Gato

Villarato!
Arsenal doing a big fat choke is hardly something people didn't expect for months

Maybe Arteta stans pipe down a bit now

El Gato

Villarato!
Ahh...mr. Royal Aftertimer at it again I see.
Literally said I don't expect them to last through length of season months ago mate. Been the biggest question mark on them all along considering they'd also barely played unfamiliar opponents in Europe. Funny they also did conk out of cups to focus on league like some predicted they might do in order to gain advantage over City

Pretty sure now some players also came out and said they'd heard them talking about City form in the tunnels. They're shook

Good season while it lasted I guess

BBZ8800

Gary Neville is such a cunt

I wanted Arse to win the PL but BBZ might be on to something about bias shown to United and Arsenal. Scandalous to play on an extra 10mins

I have wrote about it a lot of times.

It goes in cycles. FIFA/UEFA/English FA are calculating what is the best case scenario for them in each season.
Which club's win would the best financial/sponsors/fans gain, which players would be the biggest story in a certain moment, which clubs need "a helping hand" etc.
And it is not set in stone. Teams who are pushed in one season, don't need to be pushed in 3-4 years.
It is based on ever-changing circumstances.

Since the last 3-4 years, in Italy it was obvious that their FA got bored of Juventus winning like 10 titles in a row, the league was dying, international fans didn't watch Seria A and they needed to revive some other big teams and to bring back the buzz and fans.
So they started to help to AC Milan, Italy's 2nd biggest club of all time (besides Juve).
Milan is now back on it's feet. They won a title and in those two seasons iirc, they were awarded the record breaking amount of pens ever.
Every match, every touch was a pen for Ac Milan.
And now when Milan is back, Napoli also got wings, Inter is fun, Mou's Roma is fun.
And suddenly Seria A is fun to domestic fans, but also, as you can see here, we are starting to watch more matches also.
In Europe, they have a few teams in semis.
So, "a project AC Milan" helped to Milan, Seria A and brought back fans, sponsors, quality and international buzz.

In EPL, everyone (except Pep's and City's fans) are tired of Man City.
On top of that, people are starting to hate oil money, City, Psg, Qataris.
Also, in UK, the anti-eastern agenda is quite strong since the Russian "special operation".
All in all, City is somewhat a negative team currently and for their FA and neutral fans, the best option is to return to roots, to classic, legendary (non-oil) teams like Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool, especially Man Utd and Arsenal since they are "more dead" than Liverpool who won a CL and EPL recently.

So, in the next season, be prepared for an insane ref's and FA's push for Man Utd, Arsenal and maybe Liverpool.
** I remember reading a few weeks ago that in all domestic cup competitions, Man Utd was drawn at home in the last, like 20 matches in a row, lol.

A coincidence :pep:
Everything in life is rigged to some extent, whenever there is politics, money and influences.

Home of Barca Fans