Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

fergus90

Same. I doubt we can win the CL soon, and for me Bernardo would make sense if we already had 2-3 more top class players, which we don't have. He didn't really take City to CL success did he?

No one in City's history has taken them to CL success.

serghei

No one in City's history has taken them to CL success.

I know, I still like Bernardo very much, just not for us at this point. Until we can challenge big for CL he'll be in his 30s. Can someone guarantee me he will be top class at 33 for example? No.

Bernardo should stay at City. Soon they will win CL. In the next 3 years they will get one and Pep will leave soon after as he achieved anything there is to achieve.

serghei

Also depends on what we show this season. This CL group is somewhat good in a way. It will show us what our current level is at the top. We get trashed by Bayern... we need to understand there is a lot of work still to be done. We beat Bayern at least at home and outplay them... we are closer than we might think to challenging for the big ones.

fergus90

I know, I still like Bernardo very much, just not for us at this point. Until we can challenge big for CL he'll be in his 30s. Can someone guarantee me he will be top class at 33 for example? No.

Bernardo should stay at City. Soon they will win CL. In the next 3 years they will get one and Pep will leave soon after as he achieved anything there is to achieve.

Fair enough, each to their own. I personally think you'd struggle to find another player in world football more suited for Barca than Bernardo. But it's never going to happen.

Barca's midfield is pretty good anyway so not a desperate need at this point.

serghei

Pep must have had on of his motivational half time talk where he speaks a terrible english but everyone understands shit is bad and they must wake up.

serghei

Fair enough, each to their own. I personally think you'd struggle to find another player in world football more suited for Barca than Bernardo. But it's never going to happen.

Barca's midfield is pretty good anyway so not a desperate need at this point.

Yes, pretty much. I like Bernardo, but we need to first prove we are making definitive steps towards challenging before spending 100m on such a mature player currently at his peak imo. Because if we are not close, we will waste the very last 2-3 years of his prime.

gregorrin10

Now that it's pretty much clear Bernardo is staying at City, I'm buying him in FPL...back to pretty much guaranteed starter, (midfield or the wing), is half the price of KDB, and can be just as deadly!

serghei

This guy is outrageous. On top of being strong, fast, having the right mental construction, he also has Inzaghi luck. :lol:

mc_lovin

Yes, pretty much. I like Bernardo, but we need to first prove we are making definitive steps towards challenging before spending 100m on such a mature player currently at his peak imo. Because if we are not close, we will waste the very last 2-3 years of his prime.

That's a wild argument :lol:

Not the biggest fan of Bernardo personally... very good player, but not a great one. 80m+ seems mad. The Pedro comparison is not too bad, he's closer to a player of this calibre than to the great ones.

Home of Barca Fans