Premier League 23/24

Who will win PL this season?

• Total voters

serghei

Yes 4 draws against Chelsea, City, Manu and Arsenal! You need to win against Manu and Chelsea if you want the title

Depends. In some cases, being ruthless vs small teams and just decent in the big games is enough to clinch a narrow title win.

Liverpool was pretty ruthless vs average and smaller teams. Most of the matches where they wasted points in were some kind of derbies.

serghei

I wonder how long until Arsenal fans will start to question Arteta. Will be 4 seasons soon and the only trophy will be the fa cup when he came in mid season.

Arsenal were much better last season. They back him heavily in the summer and have actually got worse.

Right now he’s still seen as the messiah but questions will soon be asked.

Should not happen imo. Would be a big mistake. Arsenal are a relatively young pretender for the title. Just 2 seasons as a main challenger. Not easy to dethrone a team like City and Liverpool so soon, even with big investments.

Take Liverpool. This team has 3 CL finals in the last 4-5 years.

Say Arsenal sack Arteta. Who would they name? Just do this exercise. You really think someone like De Zerbi is gonna beat City for the title anytime soon?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Depends. In some cases, being ruthless vs small teams and just decent in the big games is enough to clinch a narrow title win.

Liverpool was pretty ruthless vs average and smaller teams. Most of the matches where they wasted points in were some kind of derbies.

but can you take the title with a pure soul when you didnt win against the big teams??

fergus90

Should not happen imo. Would be a big mistake. Arsenal are a relatively young pretender for the title. Just 2 seasons as a main challenger. Not easy to dethrone a team like City and Liverpool so soon, even with big investments.

Take Liverpool. This team has 3 CL finals in the last 4-5 years.

Say Arsenal sack Arteta. Who would they name? Just do this exercise. You really think someone like De Zerbi is gonna beat City for the title anytime soon?
I definitely don’t think they should sack him now but it will be interesting how soon people will start to ask questions if he can really kick them on.

Will be his 4th full season soon. Perhaps winning an FA cup or something will at least give him another full season and more financial backing.

delancey

I don’t think people quite realize how low Liverpool’s net spend has been over the last 9 years: 205.5m pounds. Yet LFC are always competing and giving other teams a run for their money!

Klopp is class! One of the GOATS.

serghei

I definitely don’t think they should sack him now but it will be interesting how soon people will start to ask questions if he can really kick them on.

I like EPL in terms of trusting the manager. They don't just sack managers on an impulse. Job security in EPL if you do well is quite nice for a manager.

fergus90

I like EPL in terms of trusting the manager. They don't just sack managers on an impulse. Job security in EPL if you do well is quite nice for a manager.
I think him being an ex player helps a lot. If an outsider gave them two 8th place finishes in a row he wouldn’t have seen the third season.

But I do agree it is refreshing to allow a manager to work and back him in good and bad times.

serghei

I think him being an ex player helps a lot. If an outsider gave them two 8th place finishes in a row he wouldn’t have seen the third season.

But I do agree it is refreshing to allow a manager to work and back him in good and bad times.

For me, if you are an ambitious manager, you have big dreams. It's a good mix. You get the tools to make your dream come true. Then it's an open field and the best manager wins.

Of course, when you're up against Guardiola, you're probably not the best manager and it's unlikely you'll win much, but I'd take it over the alternative. Beating Pep is probably Arteta's biggest driving force.

Even if Pep has an off year, you'll still have Klopp to deal with. It's tough in EPL for talented managers to win big titles, but you at least get everything you need in terms of players and money. It's somewhat a fair game to see who the best is.

Outside managing Madrid and going to war in CL vs the best of EPL, I don't think there's a better manager job than in EPL's top 3-4 teams. That's where the elite level is atm. The top 2-3 teams in EPL and Real Madrid. The rest are a drop-off.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans