Premier League 23/24

Who will win PL this season?

• Total voters

Morten

I guess your point is, they are not the elite top top tier. They sell their best players. Right?

But my point is that a manager who wins with Dortmund against Bayern is absolutely world class. Like Klopp.

The Porto comparison makes no sense in that regard.

Beating Bayern in a 34 game league campaign is a mammoth task.

Crazy to think that Klopp is still the last manager to beat Bayern to the league, and not just once, but he won it b2b.

Morten

Anyway, United looks to continue their dreadful away form against top 6 or something sides from last season, they might find it difficult to get 4th this time.

ajnotkeith

You know what the main issue is?

Results have been fine so far. He has met his objectives last season.

Where's the style of play? Where's the improvement in patterns of play. Today it felt like we were watching an Ole team play.

When Klopp came to Liverpool, from day 1 we could see his blueprint and signature on the entire team regardless of results.

For instance, look at the Ange effect already visible in Spurs.
The signings have been truly awful when it comes to vision and future project. His talent ID is bad and they should have appointed a recruitment team to take that out of his hands.

Temptation

Crazy to think that Klopp is still the last manager to beat Bayern to the league, and not just once, but he won it b2b.

I can watch Klopp's Dortmund play all day.

Such a refreshing and brilliant team to watch. Extremely uplifting.

Weidenfeller Pisczek Hummels Subotic Schelmzer Bender Kehl Gundogan Reus Goetze Kuba and that striker guy.

KingLeo10

United and Liverpool have this thing where they are only ever successful (big trophy wise) under top, top managers.

Shankly, Paisley, SAF, Klopp, Busby.

And they're never dominant at the same time, which sort of dampens the "rivalry".

Temptation

United and Liverpool have this thing where they are only ever successful (big trophy wise) under top, top managers.

And they're never dominant at the same time, which sort of dampens the "rivalry".

Disagree on the last point.

The rivalry has always been intense and beautiful.

Even at our worst and when they were amazing, we always got the better of them in our Anfield.

I'll rephrase the last line for you:

Since the teams haven't ever peaked simultaneously, this rivalry never reached the El Clasico heights.

But regardless, it's the best in England and one of the best itw.

Morten

Exactly, out of the big team rivalries, this one isn't all that.

I can remember, in the last 20 years, one or 2 seasons with Benitez when both teams were competing for the trophies at the same time.

Home of Barca Fans