Premier League 23/24

Who will win PL this season?

• Total voters

Temptation

People act as if we were Atletico vs Barca or something, because of a few big results.

Most of the games were very competitive, after 2010.
Barca always dominated possession while Real sat back.

In City vs Liverpool, nobody holds back and both teams go full throttle with intensity.

Edge of the seat, end to end stuff.

As a spectacle, I haven't seen a higher quality match-up than Pep vs Klopp.

Morten

Barca always dominated possession while Real sat back.

In City vs Liverpool, nobody holds back and both teams go full throttle with intensity.

Edge of the seat, end to end stuff.

As a spectacle, I haven't seen a higher quality match-up than Pep vs Klopp.

I'm pretty sure City has more of the possession than Liverpool most of the time, possession in itself doesn't mean much, its what you actually do on the ball.

bismp

Barca vs. Real in the calendar years 2011 and 2012 was peak football and peak rivalry. (the whole period between 2010 and 2018 was great, but that was undoubtedly the peak of the rivalry). They played each other like 13 teams in 2 calendar years and most of those games are classics. At no point at that time did it feel that the one was dominating the other, even when Barca had 60-70% possession, that was done on purpose from Real, as their counter attacks were devastating.

Morten

Liverpool-City, good as it can be, quality-wise, do lack something else though, it being a real rivalry.

Lets be honest, i'm not sure i would even describe them as a real club, the atmosphere is dull, as it barely even has a real fanbase, its a manifactured rivalry.

Liverpools main rival is United, but both sides are very rarely good at the same time, unfortunately.

Temptation

Liverpool-City, good as it can be, quality-wise, do lack something else though, it being a real rivalry.

Lets be honest, i'm not sure i would even describe them as a real club, the atmosphere is dull, as it barely even has a real fanbase, its a manifactured rivalry.

Liverpools main rival is United, but both sides are very rarely good at the same time, unfortunately.
United Liverpool games are shit as a spectacle. Boring games. Even when the result is close, the game isn't very entertaining.

My point was about the entertainment value. Try to understand my point with an open mind.

I agree that Madrid played a low block deliberately but that's my point. When 2 sides go for it at the same time, it gives you a faster, end to end entertaining game.

The City Liverpool game isn't a derby/historical rivalry for obvious reasons. It lacks the nastiness of an El Clasico.

But if a guy new to the sport asked me to show him the most entertaining and fun product to watch, I'd show him the Pep vs Klopp thrillers.

Windhook

Liverpool-City games are higher in quality than the El Clasico games of any era.

El Clasico is much more high profile but the quality of Football and the entertainment value of the games were lower than Pep's City vs Klopp's Liverpool.
Liverpool - City was one of the frenziest game this season. But no game is near the level of energy and intensity of Barca - Real Madrid clashes in CL 1/2 finals in 2010/11.

Two of the best teams on the planet at the time.

One could only imagine what it'd would have been in 2014/15 clashing in the final, if wasn't for the misses vs. Juventus.

soul24rage

Liverpool - City was one of the frenziest game this season. But no game is near the level of energy and intensity of Barca - Real Madrid clashes in CL 1/2 finals in 2010/11.

One could only imagine what it'd would have been in 2014/15 clashing in the final, if wasn't for the misses vs. Juventus.
A final in the 2011/2012 CL season would have been unbelievable too

I guess it's meant to be.

malvolio

Just compare the player quality. Barca vs Real back then were loaded with legendary players.

Do a combined best 11 from those teams and compare it with a combined best 11 from current Liverpool vs City. Not a single player from the current British sides would get in.

Temptation

Just compare the player quality. Barca vs Real back then were loaded with legendary players.

Do a combined best 11 from those teams and compare it with a combined best 11 from current Liverpool vs City. Not a single player from the current British sides would get in.
Van Dijk would easily walk into the combined 11 without any debate. Alisson would as well unless he's competing with Iker. KDB could get in too.

jamrock

Van Dijk would easily walk into the combined 11 without any debate. Alisson would as well unless he's competing with Iker. KDB could get in too.
Nerp.

Not one.

No one is breaking up Ramos --- pique for VVd.

Who has like 5-6 CL between them and have literally one everything together internationally, that CB partnership is no joke at their peak, back then pique was thought to be better than Ramos by many, it's the later years Ramos passed him.

No one is breaking up Iniesta Xavi busquets

Messi and Ronaldo obviously would start and a striker.

You'd have to start moving players around to fit KDB in.

Home of Barca Fans