Premier League 24/25

Who will win?

• Total voters

Maradona37

Of course being standout in Serie A is not guarantee for EPL.
EPL is INDEED the best and most competitive league, and to succeed there it takes WAY MORE than any other league. That has always been my position, and it hasn't changed
But being standout in Serie A, given his age, profile, and all that, means he deserves a chance in EPL.
Whether he takes it or not, the jury is still out

As for the players and comparisons with City squad,
players ALWAYS look better than what they really are when they play in team that clicks, and players ALWAYS look worse than they really are when they play it a team that malfunctions
That something like a universal truth in football, with countless examples on either side.
I think you will agree to that

Anyways, not gonna continue this debate. We both got our point across.
Let's resume later in the season with more evidence on how UTD's season is going
Yeah of course I will agree with that. But there has to be a point someone admits one player is superior to another - it can't just be that everyone is in a better team.

Going by that logic (and taking to extreme examples) you could say Messi or De Bruyne or Rodri aren't actually that good, they're just surrounded by top players. The thing is, the best players will tend to play with other best players. I have saw people say 'if Hojlund played in Haaland's position for Man City he'd score so much more' - but you can apply that logic to any player, even a league 2 player.

But of course I get what you mean and have sympathy for it. I just feel there has to be a limit to it. Man United are malfunctioning but even if they were to clic - they'd be better than now but I don't feel their ceiling is very high.

Anyway, they might improve, we will see. I have my doubts but will hold my hands up if they do. I won't be getting carried away with the odd win against teams like Soton or Barnsley though as that's exactly what mid-table cup teams like United do.

I respect your views as you know.

Maradona37

Linked to my CL predictions, doing quite well in the PL predictor so far this season - it's normally my weakest league as there's the most competition. I'd be a little higher had I not changed my Spurs 2-1 to 2-2 the other day. 13 exacts out of 60 - that luck will surely run out over the season.

PL.png

Home of Barca Fans