Premier League 24/25

Who will win?

• Total voters

Maradona37

Also, to whoever wrote that it's heartbreaking that United are struggling. Why is it heartbreaking? They're a cunt of a club who ruled through the terror of a classless bully in the 90s and 2000s, and never showed any grace or humility whatseover. Arrogance and hubris runs through that club and their fans and they deserve all the misery they get. Horrid club and I hope they don't win anything substantial again for decades.

Last edited:

Birdy

The issue is that out of possession they were getting dragged all over the place and Spurs were turning their players at will.

I like you Birdy as I say, but tone down the arrogance with telling all the other posters they're clueless about football because they're not as dogmatic about theory as you are. It's getting a bit tiring mate.

--------------

iF you read my post again, I pointed out the out of possession issues

You are new here.
I react to people you don't know very well. They don't give a shit about argument/debating.
They are just into mobbing other people in knee-jerk fashion, whenever a results that suits their agenda occurs

You will learn who they are.
And that's absolutely the reaction they deserve, if not worse

Maradona37

iF you read my post again, I pointed out the out of possession issues

You are new here.
I react to people you don't know very well. They don't give a shit about argument/debating.
They are just into mobbing other people in knee-jerk fashion, whenever a results that suits their agenda occurs

You will learn who they are.
And that's absolutely the reaction they deserve, if not worse
I don't agree with the mobbing, and I think your heart is in the right place. I do like you and think you add better than just saying 'he's shit/he's good' or the likes.

But I do stand by my belief that you put way too much stock in the metrics, when you need a balance of metrics and trusting your gut and eyes (which is what I have).

My main issue with you is I think you need to also lend more weight to what you see with your eyes. You're too wedded to the stats and metrics game. Someone here said you wrote that Aston Villa would beat 80s Milan. If you really said that that proves my point about you being too welded to theory.

If they were mobbing you or winding you up then I don't agree with that. But you seem to love Ten Hag for some reason which eludes me. How much longer does it take to see the guy is absolutely clueless and has all the charisma and insight of a dead fish?

I don't rate Xavi as a coach either before you say that.

Maradona37

Also, birdy IT ISN'T KNEE-JERK or an 'agenda' (the most abused word on football forums). United have been wank for donkey's years, and have looked abysmal under Ten Hag for at least 18 months now.

It's not like they've been dominating teams and today is a result out of nowhere. That's a bad faith comment that it's 'knee jerk'.

MontenegrinCuler

Also, to whoever wrote that it's heartbreaking that United are struggling. Why is it heartbreaking? They're a cunt of a club who ruled through the terror of a classless bully in the 90s and 2000s, and never showed any grace or humility whatseover. Arrogance and hubris runs through that club and their fans and they deserve all the misery they get. Horrid club and I hope they don't win anything substantial again for decades.
I said it's almost heartbreaking. Careful choice of words. I feel bad for their fans but on the other hand love seeing them suck ass.

Maradona37

How easy you say that huh?
Same could be said for ARteta who hasn't won the title yet,
YET he makes his team better every season and and it will come sooner or later

Same could be said for Klopp, who didn't win after 2020, for 4 years against Pep
Same can be said for many coaching in EPL

I will write it AGAIN, so that you memorize it: YOU CAN't COMPARE EPL to any other league. PERIOD
You could see progress with Klopp and Arteta; you can only see regression and absolute amateur hour with Ten Hag.

Maradona37

I said it's almost heartbreaking. Careful choice of words. I feel bad for their fans but on the other hand love seeing them suck ass.
I don't feel bad for their fans either - MOST of them are deluded cunts who overrate their players, underrate those of other teams, and are wrong about absolutely everything. They deserve this too.

Birdy

You could see progress with Klopp and Arteta; you can only see regression and absolute amateur hour with Ten Hag.

I don't 'love him' mate
I am trying to be fair to everyone and not jump onto unfounded conclusions.
I clearly demarcated his seasons.
There was progress in his 1st season, his 2nd season was regress.
I think that is a fair assessment, and you can see it both through data and through the eye test

Maradona37

Either way, to reiterate, I do not agree with attacking people on here for their football opinions in general unless they're trolling, whether it's people attacking Birdy or Birdy replying in kind.

Someone like Rassvet is different as his only aim is to instigate and he has zero interest in debating properly, unlike Birdy or I or jamrock or mclovin or whoever else.

Last edited:

Maradona37

I don't 'love him' mate
I am trying to be fair to everyone and not jump onto unfounded conclusions.
I clearly demarcated his seasons.
There was progress in his 1st season, his 2nd season was regress.
I think that is a fair assessment, and you can see it both through data and through the eye test
Yeah, 'love' was a bad comment, fair. But you rate him higher than many, that's what I meant.

His first season flattered him a little on the metrics, but yes, of course it was far better than last season and this season. There were still signs there in my opinion though that it was ready to fall apart. I said as much in summer 2023 (bearing in mind I hate United and tend to think the worst of them anyway).

But the overall point mate is that it's all fallen apart. It's too far gone now for it to suddenly be turned around. He's a dead man walking, surely you must see that? You're an intelligent guy, I refuse to believe you can't see how bad it is with your own eyes.

It's ok to admit you got something wrong - we have all been there. Doubling down on it will just make it worse. It's not like there's anything riding on football fans with no stake professionally being right or wrong.

Last edited:

Birdy

Yeah, 'love' was a bad comment, fair. But you rate him higher than many, that's what I meant.

His first season flattered him a little on the metrics, but yes, of course it was far better than last season and this season. There were still signs there in my opinion though that it was ready to fall apart. I said as much in summer 2023 (bearing in mind I hate United and tend to think the worst of them anyway).

But the overall point mate is that it's all fallen apart. It's too far gone now for it to suddenly be turned around. He's a dead man walking, surely you must see that? You're an intelligent guy, I refuse to believe you can't see how bad it is with your own eyes.

It's ok to admit you got something wrong - we have all been there. Doubling down on it will just make it worse. It's not like there's anything riding on football fans with no stake professionally being right or wrong.

It's not doubling down, because I make a fair assessment and I do not jump to conclusion in knee-jerk fashion after every game. It's still September and people are reacting hysterically after each game.

CALM DOWN
Let's do a proper in-depth analysis of ETH's 3rd season at UTD when it ends.
And about you in particular, I get you have a UTD bias, try to think of what you would say if Liverpool for instance were going through the same

Maradona37

It's not doubling down, because I make a fair assessment and I do not jump to conclusion in knee-jerk fashion after every game. It's still September and people are reacting hysterically after each game.

CALM DOWN
Let's do a proper in-depth analysis of ETH's 3rd season at UTD when it ends.
And about you in particular, I get you have a UTD bias, try to think of what you would say if Liverpool for instance were going through the same
It isn't knee-jerk ffs. They've been wank for 18 months! Look at them getting outplayed most games and their record over the last 16-17 games in the league. Nothing is changing. I and others have predicted this, have predicted the poorness of their signings etc - look what I said about de Ligt and Ugarte before they played a single game for the club, and lo and behold...these guys aren't gonna suddenly turn into Van Dijk and Kompany or Rodri or Fernandinho.

How is it knee-jerk when they've been fucking awful for absolutely ages? Nothing is changing. 'It's only September'.
Time won't suddenly make him competent or turn their players into world beaters.

If this was a one-off result I'd fully back you here, but it's not! They've been abysmal for absolutely ages!

There's absolutely nothing to suggest - metrics or eye test - it will change. In fact, it could conceivably get worse.

I don't know what you mean about Liverpool either. I hate Gerrard, how many Liverpool 'fans' hate him? I think not enough was made of their fans' behaviour at Heysel.

I don't even like Liverpool - just they have players I rate and I liked watching them as a team in recent years. I maybe prefer them to City, United, Arsenal and Chelsea. But that isn't the same as 'liking them'. I like Barca far more than I like Liverpool.

Birdy

It isn't knee-jerk ffs. They've been wank for 18 months! Look at them getting outplayed most games and their record over the last 16-17 games in the league. Nothing is changing. I and others have predicted this, have predicted the poorness of their signings etc - look what I said about de Ligt and Ugarte before they played a single game for the club, and lo and behold...these guys aren't gonna suddenly turn into Van Dijk and Kompany or Rodri or Fernandinho.

How is it knee-jerk when they've been fucking awful for absolutely ages? Nothing is changing. 'It's only September'.
Time won't suddenly make him competent or turn their players into world beaters.

If this was a one-off result I'd fully back you here, but it's not! They've been abysmal for absolutely ages!

There's absolutely nothing to suggest - metrics or eye test - it will change. In fact, it could conceivably get worse.

I don't know what you mean about Liverpool either. I hate Gerrard, how many Liverpool 'fans' hate him? I think not enough was made of their fans' behaviour at Heysel.

I don't even like Liverpool - just they have players I rate and I liked watching them as a team in recent years. I maybe prefer them to City, United, Arsenal and Chelsea. But that isn't the same as 'liking them'. I like Barca far more than I like Liverpool.

You make the mistake of transferring last season's criticsm to this season already
II get the desire to pass judgments, but it's too early to say anything about this season
Sometimes it's that simple...
Liverpool Spurs ARsenal City ALL OF the other BiG 8 (plus Villa and Newcastle) start higher than UTD this season, and it's rather the expected that they will beat them

As for the players, we will see.
Ugarte I am not a fan, but De Ligt, Mazraoui, Zirkzee I think all 3 are better than what people here give them credit for

Maradona37

Also, you don't need to 'wait until the third season ends' to do an analysis. Football isn't about letting things get worse and then finally making a decision - use some foresight. It's obvious they're fucked with him there (and without him to be fair) and it doesn't take a full season to know that.

The same as we don't have to watch de Ligt, Ugrate and Zirkzee for the next three years to know they'll never be title-challenging players. It's just fucking obvious.

It's like seeing someone bulldoze your house and just standing there watching to 'give it time'.

Home of Barca Fans