Quique Setien

JamDav1982

Yeah it's probably too soon for Xavi, but he has the status to get people in line as they would respect and fear him

Xavi wont touch that job until those older players are gone.

He is not daft and knows to play the way he wants needs a clean slate and a new team to build.

It is more that than him not feeling ready that will keep him away for a few years yet in my opinion.

serghei

This guy is getting a lot of unfair treatment already. So far I saw a manager who improved some aspects, while clearly seeing the issues and trying to improve them. So far, I am very very pleased with him.

I just hope he does whatever he takes and doesn't lose his values and his principles.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Not so sure. His decision to not come now was cold and calculated, not emotional. Now it is basically a masterstroke of a decision.

Yes, he was the rational man in this situation. Decided not to smear himself with Barto's shit and stayed away from his friends because he would have been inevitably biased.

JamDav1982

Yes, he was the rational man in this situation. Decided not to smear himself with Barto's shit and stayed away from his friends because he would have been inevitably biased.

Dont think he feared being biased as much as feared losing friendships as he must know what needs to be done.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Dont think he feared being biased as much as feared losing friendships as he must know what needs to be done.

Maybe. He did think for several days and had several meetings with Abidal though, so he was considering the job seriously. Hard not to when Barca come for you.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
btw he is already running the team into the ground by playing the Gala 11. He has to win and has no bench, but this overplaying coupled with intense training suit our usual timing for CL capitulation.

You could argue, however, that by training the team intensely now our team is actually going to be more prepared. EV rotated quite a bit in the first half of the season as well.

Neymessi

btw he is already running the team into the ground by playing the Gala 11. He has to win and has no bench, but this overplaying coupled with intense training suit our usual timing for CL capitulation.

You could argue, however, that by training the team intensely now our team is actually going to be more prepared. EV rotated quite a bit in the first half of the season as well.

No other choice, plenty of our players are injured and unlike previous seasons the league is going very close and rotation isn't possible.

serghei

No other choice, plenty of our players are injured and unlike previous seasons the league is going very close and rotation isn't possible.

Exactly. Rotation with who? The squad is shortened. Many players have been sold or loaned over the last two transfer windows, we brought in very few others, some key players are injured.

jairzinho

If he wins on thursday, that would be a massive achievement, considering all things currently going on...

It will be a huge psychological boost if we can pull of wins on the road at Bilbao and Betis. Not impossible but it's difficult since we're so banged up.

At least we can see how good Collado and the others are.

Richard.H

He is in the middle of an absolute shitshow. I do hope the absolute best for him. These next few months have the potential to be a catastrophe for Barca. As a fan, it’s sad but I’m mentally ready for it.

Gaudi

Seeing developments in our team in and around the pitch and knowing he is a mid table coach without huge charisma I would bet on another failure unfortunately.

FC433

Love him:
[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/rdEvPTUKGK">pic.twitter.com/rdEvPTUKGK</a></p>— ■neurophate (@neurophate_) <a href="https://twitter.com/neurophate_/status/1224999759573929984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans