Quique Setien

Kul_z

Dude has a mountain to climb. Tough copa del rey fixture, without a proper striker for the rest of the season, injured and ageing squad, no reinforcements, loaned out players that could be useful and first bigger mistake he made by letting go perez. Good luck my friend, you'll need a lot of it.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
So, Dembele and Suarez are out. Messi is playing through pain. Only other options for attack are Barca B players like Collado, Fuente or Abe.

Won't be surprised to see him field a 3-5-2 in CL games. Mats - Umtiti, Lenglet, Pique - Alba, Vidal, Busi, De Jong, Semedo - Griezmann, Messi.

With a squad this thin he has a real opportunity to actually prove his statements that he is here to develop youth.

Last edited:

malvolio

I am not going to judge this bloke harshly anymore.

He has nothing to work with.

I don't rate him either way, but do we want to build a new squad with him at the helm? Man has no track record of implementing something like this at a club of our stature.

Tackle

I don't rate him either way, but do we want to build a new squad with him at the helm? Man has no track record of implementing something like this at a club of our stature.

Agreed. He has no track record and despite the unfortunate circumstances he has been placed in as coach currently I too doubt he is the right man to engineer a long-term rebuild. Either way, the board will not keep him unless he wins a major trophy this season (Liga/CL). Elections are next year and their arses are on the line. Expect all sorts of madness this summer.

FinBarcelonafan

True as well. Basically he is in terrible situation. He will only survive if he performs a miracle but I guess he always knew that while taking the job.

Riordon

No doubt about his football brain but IMO what separates the top brains from the top coach is character and personality. We need some character, someone the players look at and respect. Feared by the younger ones.

That guy is not Setien

BADGERBHOY

Barto gave them contracts until the age of 35, so no one wants to buy them since they have like 8-12m NET wages.

And then Barto and his sporting directors bought "amazing" youngsters like Dumbele, MIA-lcom, Denise, Anxious Gomes and misfits like Coutinho and Griezmann.

How to replace grannies with players who are even way worse than them?

It is what it is.

So Valverde takes no responsibility at all. Fairly typical of all your opinions

Andrew M

Poor guy, came to fulfill his dream and found a nightmare... Won’t blame him for anything from now on...

I don't give a shit about his dreams. I won't blame him but I'm not sure i want to see this guy at the vanguard of our rebuild job. Serious caretaker vibes

Home of Barca Fans