Quique Setien

Barcilliant

I've got no pity for Valverde and i'm glad he's gone, but it's ridiculous to suppose that he would have had any authority to get rid of the senior core of the team even he wanted to.

The amount of damage Dickverde inflicted on this club in 2.5 seasons is hard to underestimate. That cl defeat at Anfield itself sent Liverpool on a trajectory that is almost unmatched in modern football. It also destroyed any confidence the seniors had after the Roma debacle.
Add to that Dickverde never really pushed the players in any way.

Barcilliant

I don't understand why we can't get a proper box to box midfielder who actually drives the ball fucking forward for a change. The problem is when you're obsessed with possession the ball moves sideways or back and just let's the opposition sit back. All I see with Rakitic, Arthur and De Jong is the above. Bruno Fernandes might have been a gamble worth taking. The only midfielder who can score goals is Vidal currently. Even fucking Henderson is scoring goals at Liverpool.

Barcilliant

Another thing we need is a proper physical DM. Fuck Busquets. Setien needs to see he is done. Life and football have moved on and so should we.

jairzinho

A summer overhaul is long overdue. The club needs to be ruthless in moving out non performers and ageing players becuase we risk falling behind domestically and in Europe. Just looking at our midfield is depressing. I really thought we would never see another Rakitic/Busi duo ever espeically after Anfield. Poor squad planning is the main result for that. Time to start planning the way forward.

Nello

I don't understand why we can't get a proper box to box midfielder who actually drives the ball fucking forward for a change. The problem is when you're obsessed with possession the ball moves sideways or back and just let's the opposition sit back. All I see with Rakitic, Arthur and De Jong is the above. Bruno Fernandes might have been a gamble worth taking. The only midfielder who can score goals is Vidal currently. Even fucking Henderson is scoring goals at Liverpool.

If only we had someone who could do that...

In my opinion, Frenkie should be our future DM. Now some people might say that he's not positionally disciplined enough og ventures too much forward to be a DM in a 4-3-3, and that he had Schöne to help him at Ajax.

That is only partly true. Schöne is a regular CM, and his strengths lie in passing, shooting and with the ball. He is not some kind of physical/defensive beast who saved Frenkie's ass. Schöne has even played a bunch of games as an AM for the Danish national team. It is true however, that Schöne was aware of Frenkie's position, and was instructed to stay a bit back when Frenkie made his bursts forward from deep, which he is fucking brilliant at.

To me Frenkie seems way more comfortable and effective when he gets the ball in a deep postion, with lots of teammates and movement ahead of him, as DonAndres also pointed out. And Frenkie can hold his own defensively, he is aggressive, has great stamina, makes good interceptions/tackles and reads the game well. The guy even played as a CB for Ajax.

I do agree however, that we should have another solid CM is aware of it when Frenkie ventures forward, and also possesses some defensive and/or physical qualities aswell. I think he's done well the few times he's been given the chance. I remember the game away against Dortmund, where he absolutely bossed the Dm the last 30 minutes after Busi was subbed.

soul24rage

[tw]1224240410727415809[/tw]

For people who know spanish, great analysis on how to build up play against a high press (the thread has more examples).

Setien's work is showing.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
I was really impressed with Sergio & FdJ's passes against Levante's high pressure. They were mostly precise one touch passes either to the CB or fullbacks. Very few extra touches or 360 turns, no hocus pocus. Big difference compared to how they played against Valencia, Sergio in particular. Something they obviously worked on since the game against Valencia.

Arthur's had one serious turnover when he asked for the ball in a dangerous situation and tried to shield the ball instead of releasing it. He's really good at shielding the ball but that is something he needs to work on. With our poor defense, we can't really afford to be lackadaisical with our passing, possession.

Semedo is also another player that needs to eliminate his passing, first touch errors. If he manages to do that, his defensive contribution will balance his lack of productivity on the final third.

This is probably Setien's primary focus and if he manages to improve us here, it will go a long way in improving our defense.

Kul_z

0- goal difference away from home in liga. 15 goals both scored and recieved in 11 games, 4 wins 3 draws and 4 loses.
At home
26 - goal difference. 37 scored, against 11
10 wins 1 draw 0 loses.
More then 3 goals per game scored, but 1 goal per game is a terrible record for the side that won all bar r.madrid goalless draw. Thats 10 games, 10 wins and 11 goals. We NEED clean sheets so we can build on that.

George_Costanza

He is still looking to leave Manure

paul-pogba-manchester-united-2019-20_1to6wo65qytfs1hqff9zsezwgm.jpg

BBZ8800

Thats not the point though, it was his responsibility to make sure the players didnt get too old, by selling some of them and bringing in younger players.

Barto gave them contracts until the age of 35, so no one wants to buy them since they have like 8-12m NET wages.

And then Barto and his sporting directors bought "amazing" youngsters like Dumbele, MIA-lcom, Denise, Anxious Gomes and misfits like Coutinho and Griezmann.

How to replace grannies with players who are even way worse than them?

It is what it is.

bismp

We are fucked..Dumb-ele is out for the rest of the season...Suarez out for the rest of the season..Vidal,MAtS and possibly Messi(and who knows who else) all playing with minor injuries..Our squad depth is laughable for a team (supposedly) competing for 3 titles,it's honestly baffling that Barto&Co made NO signings in January.

We'll have to complete the season with inexperienced Fati-old and fragile Messi-unfitting Griezmann.While none of them is a winger.

Not to mention playing with 3 CBs,becuase fuck it,why not loan Todibo away,what could go wrong?

We might as well change the system to 4-4-2 at this point and hope for the best.

But the way things are going,we'll probably end up trophyless for the first time in 12 years

Last edited:

Marshall D Teach

We are fucked..Dumb-ele is out for the rest of the season...Suarez out for the rest of the season..Vidal,MAtS and possibly Messi(and who knows who else) all playing with minor injuries..Our squad depth is laughable for a team (supposedly) competing for 3 titles,it's honestly baffling that Barto&Co made NO signings in January.

We'll have to complete the season with inexperienced Fati-old and fragile Messi-unfitting Griezmann.While none of them is a winger.

Not to mention playing with 3 CBs,becuase fuck it,why not loan Todibo away,what could go wrong?

We might as well change the system to 4-4-2 at this point and hope for the best.

But the way things are going,we'll probably end up trophyless for the first time in 12 years

6 years*

bismp

We did win the Suprcup in 2014,so technically it wasn't a trophyless season..In any case,the future was brighter back then,as Messi was still young(despite having his worst prime season up to that point),Pique,Alba+Busi were young,a relatively young Iniesta+Alves etc...

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Fati is fast and we're also playing 4-3-3 in the last two games.

Home of Barca Fans