Quique Setien

George_Costanza

you wanted him to start Frenkie-Busi-Arthur midfield against fucking Ibiza with Valencia game around the corner ? :lol:

Or maybe he just values Raki above the players you have mentioned.

FDJ had his rest because he was suspended, Arthur coming back from injury and he needs more playing time to gain his form. FDJ-Busquets-Arthur combo has to play together to gel for Valencia game and upcoming difficult fixture in Feb. The time to experiment is in those easy games not when shit hits fan.

Messigician

Sorry but we look toothless in attack.

We are even more boring to watch now, it's all sideways passing between the centrebacks while having 3 shots per 90 minutes.

Maddening stuff

BBZ8800

FDJ-Busquets-Arthur combo has to play together to gel for Valencia game

Arthur didn't play for almost 2 Months and now has played 8 minutes against a 10men Granada and 19 minutes against a lower division team Ibiza in a Copa Del Rey.
He probably won't start against Valencia based on these 2 cameos.

The most likely: Busi (rested today), Frenkie, Vidal (rested today).
Or Frenkie-Busi-Raki, but Rakitic played 150 minutes in the last 4 days, so it is unlikely, unless if Setien also fell in love with him.

Messigician

Setien loves sideways and backpassing.

People are surprised he loves Rakitic lmao he even praised Rakitic as key to Barca.

Now the dreamers of the forum thought he would discard Rakitic and play Puiq FDJ Rakitic (Lol)

Like I said before there's no magic wand that will fix our problems and now the players will have to take some responsibility.

Messigician

Setién: "I did not like what I was seeing, obviously. But I understand the difficulties you find in games like these, playing on artificial grass, against an aggressive team that defend very well..."

Lol this comes right after the wind excuse.

2 games 2 wins two excuses I wonder what he will say when we lose lmao. LVG V2

Latschenkiefer

I'm so glad that Valverde isn't our manager anymore. As we know, a knockout game away from home with him is always a good bet on dropping out of the tournament.

Last year in our first round of Copa del Rey against Cultural Leonesa (0-1) it took us even longer to score (91 minutes) and we had less shots on goal than today (2) while Leonesa had more than Ibiza (4). Zero shots on goal in the first half. In the end we didn't score from open play but from a free kick.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I'm so glad that Valverde isn't our manager anymore. As we know, a knockout game away from home with him is always a good bet on dropping out of the tournament.

Last year in our first round of Copa del Rey against Cultural Leonesa (0-1) it took us even longer to score (91 minutes) and we had less shots on goal than today (2) while Leonesa had more than Ibiza (4). Zero shots on goal in the first half. In the end we didn't score from open play but from a free kick.

Not to mention that Setien played with Griezmann, Rakitic, Frenkie, Roberto, Semedo.

While EV played against Leonesa with:
Gonzales, Cuenca, Chumo, SEMEDO, Denis, Samper, VIDAL, Dembele, Munir, Malcom.
To some extent, with zero starters, since Vidal was the 4th pick and Semedo was the 2nd RB pick.
And it was played on 2 matches, so even if we lost 0:3, we would still win 5:0 at Camp Nou.

Messigician

Not to mention that Setien played with Griezmann, Rakitic, Frenkie, Roberto, Semedo.

While EV played against Leonesa with:
Gonzales, Cuenca, Chumo, SEMEDO, Denis, Samper, VIDAL, Dembele, Munir, Malcom.
To some extent, with zero starters, since Vidal was the 4th pick and Semedo was the 2nd RB pick.
And it was played on 2 matches, so even if we lost 0:3, we would still win 5:0 at Camp Nou.

This. At least someone has all the stats handy to call out double standards from forum de amigos

Barcilliant

Maybe, just maybe our football is dated and we need to come up with a faster, more physical version of the Barça template. If the opposition has a decent defense the easiest thing for them to do is sit back and hit on the counter.
I see our defense as the main problem. They just cannot sit back and absorb any pressure. They collapse under any pressure and make silly errors. If I was manager I'd replace the CBS and look at replacing Alba. Look at Liverpool. They don't play gegen pressing all the time. At times they sit back and during certain phases they press hard. It's not humanly possible to play the pressing game all the time. Klopp has evolved his thinking. How the hell can we expect a team with old players to press hard?

Setien is trying to disguise our flaws with different formations but they are too obvious and we'll be dumped from cl in quarters again.

Home of Barca Fans