Quique Setien

Sorin

Ten Hag/Pochetino in the summer with full authority over clearing out the deadwood. Wishful thinking on my part but Setien is not the answer and neither will Xavi be imo.

CatalinR10

What's the point of starting Roberto since he's trash and not a RB ?

What's the point of bringing Rakitic on ?

Other than that i can't blame him for Messi not scoring his 2 or 3 big chances he got , Frenkie passing the ball to the keeper from 7 meters instead of shooting it , Pique being a disaster....

We should have won the game comfortably if we scored the really big chances we had.

Cool

Things to note after this match:
1) You simply cant play a three man defense with crooked Umtiti, a makeshift RB who’s now a makeshit CB and Pique whose prone to brainfarts here and there. you just dont have the defenders for it.

2) Quique doesn’t have a magic wand, he cant magically fix everything in one or two weeks, we’ve played these type of games under EV, the difference is our opponents fluffed their shots and Suarez or Messi nicked one for us.

3) Fati on the right wing doesn’t make things happen for us, IMO he’s not ready yet and I expect Dembele (hopefully be stays healhy) to take his spot once hes back.

4) Suarez for all of his antics, he is simply the best 9 of his generation and vital piece of this current Barca team, he creates space for Messi as a 10 and keeps the defenders occupied, in the last 2 games (not counting the Ibiza one because we shouldn’t need Suarez or Messi) our biggest problem was not having a 9 inside the box, thats why we need Vidal in the starting 11 as he manages to link up with Messi and offers forward runs.

5) Busi has got such a brain for football. However, at this age he can’t play the full 90 minutes, Busi should of came off for Vidal and Frenkie dropped in to play as a DM. I noticed many times Busi jogging (I use that word lightly) trying to catch up to the attacker, It’s clear his legs are not what they used to be.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Live look [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

DimwittedRightHornbill-size_restricted.gif

Take cover, folks.

Raketa10

He is just another mediocre manager but no one can coach this team anymore. Since Messi walking mode has to be tolerated we would basically need to have 10 unbelievably fit and hungry players surrounding him but instead we now have 8 out of 10 of players that are well past their prime or are lazy as fuck so of course this doesn't work and never will.

To be fair, from this team in ideal scenario I would just keep Messi, Griezmann, Mats, De Jong and Fati (because he is very young and talented) but the reality is different and will suffer for some time until our board changes and our seniors retire.

Lets be realistic, just look at others:

Our attack: Suarez is grandpa, Dembele is injured 24/7 and has a low IQ.
Midfield: Busi was done 2 years ago, Vidal is also past his prime, Rakitic is done, Arthur is probably the most overrated player we have, Puig is a 15y old girl
Defense: Alba my biggest disappointment. I always thought he is a world class but this guy is a crybaby who never shows up in decisive games. All other fullbacks are just trash (Semedo, Wague, Firpo, Roberto). Our CB's are also horrible, Pique is done, Umtiti will probably never regain his form, Lenglet should be our 3rd option in ideal situation.

Unfortunately that's our current state and no manager in the world can change this in a few months without a full support of the board.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Horrible stuff, I think we started to play better after we conceded and players started to ignore Setiens instructions and actually started to shoot the ball instead of passing it pointlessly. Not having a striker doesn't help either, attack of Griezmann-Messi-Fati won't get as far with good coach or bad coach.

soul24rage

Setien deserves a lot of criticisms

-playing 3 ATB
-No forward runs from the midfield
-not playing inverted wingers with Fati and Griezmann.

Honestly think that with Suarez injured, this is the best lineup for me for the remainder of the season.

MATS---Semedo, Pique, Umtiti, Alba---Vidal, FDJ, Arthur---Dembele, Messi, Griezmann

Whenever Messi drops deep (and he always drops deep even when Suarez played), Vidal will occupy the forward position.

For me, we played the best football in the 2nd half today in Setien's 3 games with that tactic.

Semedo and Dembele work really well together which is why I opt to put Griezmann at LW.

serghei

Things to note after this match:
1) You simply cant play a three man defense with crooked Umtiti, a makeshift RB who’s now a makeshit CB and Pique whose prone to brainfarts here and there. you just dont have the defenders for it.

2) Quique doesn’t have a magic wand, he cant magically fix everything in one or two weeks, we’ve played these type of games under EV, the difference is our opponents fluffed their shots and Suarez or Messi nicked one for us.

3) Fati on the right wing doesn’t make things happen for us, IMO he’s not ready yet and I expect Dembele (hopefully be stays healhy) to take his spot once hes back.

4) Suarez for all of his antics, he is simply the best 9 of his generation and vital piece of this current Barca team, he creates space for Messi as a 10 and keeps the defenders occupied, in the last 2 games (not counting the Ibiza one because we shouldn’t need Suarez or Messi) our biggest problem was not having a 9 inside the box, thats why we need Vidal in the starting 11 as he manages to link up with Messi and offers forward runs.

5) Busi has such a brain for football. However, at this age he can’t play the full 90 minutes, Busi should of came off for Vidal and Frenkie dropped in to play as a DM. I noticed many teams Busi jogging (I use that word lightly) trying to catch up to the attacker, It’s clear his legs are not what they used to be.

Great comment. You should post more. Every point is spot on.

Rory

Seems like we're still playing that reactionary football. Intensity only increases once we go one goal down

malvolio

A bum that shouldn't have been in contention for a job like this in the first place. There are also major issues with our squad, but he isn't the man to make big changes.
I would sack him now so that we are spared from further imbarasament.

Last edited:

serghei

Seems like we're still playing that reactionary football. Intensity only increases once we go one goal down

Nah, we play possession-based football now, but it's not efficient because of some managing mistakes, poor fitness level, and some important players missing.

He is just another mediocre manager but no one can coach this team anymore. Since Messi walking mode has to be tolerated we would basically need to have 10 unbelievably fit and hungry players surrounding him but instead we now have 8 out of 10 of players that are well past their prime or are lazy as fuck so of course this doesn't work and never will.

To be fair, from this team in ideal scenario I would just keep Messi, Griezmann, Mats, De Jong and Fati (because he is very young and talented) but the reality is different and will suffer for some time until our board changes and our seniors retire.

The old players are old, but the problem with the young players isn't that they are lazy, it's that they haven't been trained properly. This squad has been prepped so far in the last 3 years by catering to the veterans. Low intensity trainings, many days off, anything to keep the Club de Amigos happy. This reflects in the poor fitness state of the team, which affects everybody, not just the veterans.

The bar has to be raised, and everybody who doesn't cut it should be cut off and let go of.

Last edited:

MagIX

It's funny how many people thought we have the right players, very good players but a bad coach: it's just a matter of coach, all it took is simply changing the coach and this team will easily win the triplete and play well..

Xavi: "Barca have slept, for years, when it comes to signings. Those who make the signings do not know what they are doing, and you pay for that.

The main reason of the actual situation is our board: catastrophic transfer market, no a plans, no vision, no balls, people who should have been kicked out of here long ago.

Home of Barca Fans