Radamel Falcao

Theconomist

i wouldnt believe it...

Richest man in Russia. I've been following the club and the FFP (french league governing body) is asking him to pay 200 million JUST to be admited back into the first divison and he's considering it.(but will probably take legal action first).
He doesn't have the contraint of european football to worry about. I wouldn't be surprised if Monaco spend 100-200 million on players this summer to build up their squad.
Falcao for 60 would make perfect sense.

This russian guy is crazy tbh, Monaco are going to make City look like beggers. He triggered Messi's release clause a while ago apparently but it was refused.

Meitux

Richest man in Russia. I've been following the club and the FFP (french league governing body) is asking him to pay 200 million JUST to be admited back into the first divison and he's considering it.(but will probably take legal action first).
He doesn't have the contraint of european football to worry about. I wouldn't be surprised if Monaco spend 100-200 million on players this summer to build up their squad.
Falcao for 60 would make perfect sense.

This russian guy is crazy tbh, Monaco are going to make City look like beggers. He triggered Messi's release clause a while ago apparently but it was refused.
wow,its all about that russian and arabs fuckers who with all their money think gonna get every star and build a dream team...i wouldnt like falcao to get wasted there,he deserves something more,a bigger team to prove his talent but money is money..

Theconomist

wow,its all about that russian and arabs fuckers who with all their money think gonna get every star and build a dream team...i wouldnt like falcao to get wasted there,he deserves something more,a bigger team to prove his talent but money is money..

You really are ignorant.
The russian and arab ''fuckers'' are ruinning the leagues but Barca and Madrid's TV deal isn't?
Teams like Juventus,Barcelona,United,Madrid... have been spending a shit loads of money for ages, if anything the billionaires are leveling the playing field by making heavyweights of mid table teams (chelsea,malaga,anzhi,city...).
And if you think football (or any sport for that matter) isn't about money then you're deluded. It's all about entertainment, the most followed reality tv show on earth.

Meitux

You really are ignorant.
The russian and arab ''fuckers'' are ruinning the leagues but Barca and Madrid's TV deal isn't?
Teams like Juventus,Barcelona,United,Madrid... have been spending a shit loads of money for ages, if anything the billionaires are leveling the playing field by making heavyweights of mid table teams (chelsea,malaga,anzhi,city...).
And if you think football (or any sport for that matter) isn't about money then you're deluded. It's all about entertainment, the most followed reality tv show on earth.
my point is that a team like psg,wont reach the top if they buy every player they want..not so easily maybe

Theconomist

my point is that a team like psg,wont reach the top if they buy every player they want..not so easily maybe

Madrid did it more than once. Bayern have done it in the past too and are doing it right now how is that working out for them?
United bought their premier league title for 24 millions in the form of Van persie.
Chelsea beat us last year and last time I checked they bought their way to the top too.
I could go on and on but the truth is this whole buying a team of superstars doesn't work is a myth. Stupidly buying a team of superstars might not work but as soon as you have a good strategy and are working towards the future with an academy and have a good mix of old experienced and young players then money will without a doubt help you achieve success.
A football club is a business and you only get back what you put in.
The Borussia's are the exception and even they benefit once they overachieve since their income increases which allows them to join the big boy's club.
I've said it in the past and I'm saying it again, super teams like PSG, City, Madrid, Barca are fun. There is nothing entertaining about having 20 teams like athletico in the league each with their own Falcao dragging them.
There's nothing magical or charming about recruiting players the way Barcelona does it at the youth levels (we still spend a truckload btw) instead of buying end product like PSG or Anzhi. At the end of the day it's all about finances. Don't you think Newell wouldn't have liked to keep Messi?

khaled_a_d

those billionaires are almost the only hope for the smaller teams to become bigger ,the gap between the rich and poor in European clubs has been huge and extremely increasing since the Bosman rules ,Those guys are at least increasing the number of the bigger clubs
I mean the EPL might have turned into a joke with absolute man utd dominance if it wasn't for Chelsea and Man city being bought
Sometimes I think Germany should allow it ,they have the greatest stadium and one of the best economy in the content ,Bayern dominance won't last long if it happens

oz187

What, Malaga almost got to the semis. This Atletico team is superior to them, they also beat Chelsea 4-0 with Falcao on top of his game. With another seasons experience under Simeones belt and maybe a new signing or two I could see Atletico making significant progress in the tournament. They're solid at the back and in Falcao have a player that can score crucial goals in tight games.

Galning

What, Malaga almost got to the semis. This Atletico team is superior to them, they also beat Chelsea 4-0 with Falcao on top of his game. With another seasons experience under Simeones belt and maybe a new signing or two I could see Atletico making significant progress in the tournament. They're solid at the back and in Falcao have a player that can score crucial goals in tight games.

I agree but they will probably lose Courtois & Falcao this summer.. two of their best players.

Irish_Cules

I agree but they will probably lose Courtois & Falcao this summer.. two of their best players.

I can see Courtois staying on another year. He wants that to happen anyway. Chelsea might as well give Cech another season before bringing back Courtois to replace him.

Home of Barca Fans