Radamel Falcao

Fourteen

Monster Masch
If no other club brings the money how is it his fault?
Chelsea have by all accounts (as accurate as the accounts linking him to Monaco). He always has the option to stay at a bigger club with the opportunity to play in the biggest club competition in the world.

Andrew M

Of course other top clubs want him! Chelsea, psg, man city, barcelona, real are all clubs that have shown interest and provide champions league football. Even staying at Atletico is better than monaco. If he goes to monaco, he's no better than Hulk.

There have been links in the press, but that is it. Atleti will never sell to Real. And, so far, it seems that Monaco are the only club wiling to pay the required sum.

oz187

His release clause is 60M, if a club pays that then Atletico have no say in the matter. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, his form dipped in the second half of the season so maybe there's less clubs willing to pay the full buyout clause.

F

Flavia

If he goes to monaco, does he stop being owned by that 3rd party? Because then he could go elsewhere on the winter transfer window.

Stric

If he goes to monaco, does he stop being owned by that 3rd party? Because then he could go elsewhere on the winter transfer window.

That makes sense. Because the transfer to Monaco would probably pay his owners off. I even read that there is a clause in his contract with Monaco that states he must be sold to Real Madrid either in the winter transfer window of 2013/2014, or next summer, if there is an offer. For a certain amount, obviously.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

So why would Monaco buy Falcao to immediately sell him? Just to make a small profit off of him before he goes elsewhere and so he can help them for half a season?

So why would Monaco buy Falcao to immediately sell him? Just to make a small profit off of him before he goes elsewhere and so he can help them for half a season?

I know, I'm just kidding :p

It'd follow the pattern: Porto qualifies for the CL -> Falcao leaves for Atletico -> Atletico qualifies for CL -> Falcao leaves for Monaco etc
:lol:

Stric

I doubt Monaco will make that clause at all tbh ,they have no reason to do it when they are paying so much money

I'll admit it sounds funny, but it's not as if they would lose a penny... they'd still get equally as much or more if they sold him.

khaled_a_d

I'll admit it sounds funny, but it's not as if they would lose a penny... they'd still get equally as much or more if they sold him.

If they are serious about building a true winning team ,such behavior won't be good for their reputation tbh
PS:wasn't there is a rule prevent players from being sold twice in 1 year ?

Home of Barca Fans