Radamel Falcao

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Still, I would love to see Falcao in the CL finally. And love the fact Cavani gets another chance, two great strikers :)

oz187

The guy who bought Monaco is really smart. Club is in the French League which is the 3rd or 4th biggest. PSG already built a good profile with star players so there's a good match up that would have international interest. And Monaco has no income tax so that pretty much cuts any wage bill in half. That's a huge competitive advantage.

K

kingleo

why cant Falcao move straight to Real? do both Madrid clubs have an agreement to not transfer players to eachother or something?

Irish_Cules

why cant Falcao move straight to Real? do both Madrid clubs have an agreement to not transfer players to eachother or something?

Atletico will not negotiate with Madrid and there's also an extra buyout clause that is specific to Real that is an extra 20 million on the normal one, meaning Madrid would have to pay 60m to get him. That's my understanding of it anyway, I could be wrong.

oz187

Falcaos buyout clause is 60M, an extra 20M would make it 80M. Atletico in general would do their best to not transfer players to Real.

Paganinisrvnge

So theoretically it could be

This summer: Falcao goes to Monaco for 60m
Winter: Monaco sells Falcao to Real Madrid for 65-70m

Falcao becomes a free man, Atletico get paid without having to negotiate with Real, Real save about 10-15 million, Monaco get half a season with one of the best strikers in the world to bring them points and exposure, and Falcao is not cup tied so he can play for Real in the Champions League.

It just seems like a lot of extenuating circumstances. My fear is Falcao wasting away 2 or 3 more years without Champions League football when he's already 27.

There will be serious talks this summer about Monaco's football club taxes though; Taxes on player's wages vary from 50% to 75% in France, the advantage would be inadmissible.

Irish_Cules

There will be serious talks this summer about Monaco's football club taxes though; Taxes on player's wages vary from 50% to 75% in France, the advantage would be inadmissible.

Ye there's talk of them having to pay the league 200m if they want to continue their current tax status.

Robbie

Does Falcao's move to Monaco have something to do with that dodgy 3rd party ownership? I hear the players don't have much choice in where they go, and it's up to the "stakeholders", like with Hulk going to Zenit.

oz187

If the offer is less than 60M then Atletico and the 3rd party owners both need to agree to that fee. Falcao then needs to agree a contract with the buying club. In other words you need agreement from all 4 parties.
If the offer is 60M then that activates the release clause and Atletico and the 3rd party owners have no say, it's then up to Falcao to agree a contract. In other words you only need agreement from 2 parties(Falcao and the buying club)
Of course Falcao has his personal sponsors, and they will have some influence on what club he signs for. But that is limited, since if a sponsor don't like his choice all they can do is cancel his contract. But at that point he can look for a different sponsor.

Home of Barca Fans