Rafael Márquez

Juan03

Frankly, with things as they are at the moment, I would start Abidal in the CB spot ahead of Marquez for the Rubin game. We cannot afford more fuckups.

+1 or better yet Toure, God im really pissed off at Marquez right now

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Frankly, with things as they are at the moment, I would start Abidal in the CB spot ahead of Marquez for the Rubin game. We cannot afford more fuckups.

I wouldn't object if Pep started Yaya or Abidal. I just don't get people openly gloating when he makes a mistake (see J), because right now we only have 2 CBs who haven't been nothing but liabilities this year.

The sad thing is until the goal he was probably better than Chygnasty. I'm not saying this like a positive and I agree with your ratings but wow, is our defense in trouble.

ok marquez was soft but pique's fuckup was terrible and cost us the points
Unlike previous fuckups this year I don't think this one was in Rafa's case stupidity, I think it was horrible athleticism. Even if he was on form he'd probably have fucked that one up.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
toure can play there. keita as a dm. xavi and iniesta in the midfield and henry returns on the left. problem solved (sort of)

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
TEAM FAIL. not just on Rafa.

It is true that Rafa has had a hand in every goal we have conceded lately. This is a fact and not one I will deny. But it's amazing hearing people wish for him to die and "go back to Mexico" while Pique is being let off the hook completely...I just don't get it.

toure can play there. keita as a dm. xavi and iniesta in the midfield and henry returns on the left. problem solved (sort of)
Keita as a DM with Yaya as a CB? That would be a disaster, even if Biscuits was poor today.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
toure CAN play cb. although personally i'd be against it. puyol and pique should be cb and toure as dmbut then we'd have a right back problem. and ho would keita fit into the side without pushing out henry or pedro?

zanela

It is true that Rafa has had a hand in every goal we have conceded lately. This is a fact and not one I will deny. But it's amazing hearing people wish for him to die and "go back to Mexico" while Pique is being let off the hook completely...I just don't get it.

May be because he has been our best CB so far saving our asses on several occasions. So one fuck-up from his side is hardly gonna 've ppl here slating him compared to Marquez's every match day involvement in the goals conceded.
I've defended him in the past but i dont think i can anymore.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
May be because he has been our best CB so far saving our asses on several occasions. So one fuck-up from his side is hardly gonna 've ppl here slating him compared to Marquez's every match day involvement in the goals conceded.
I've defended him in the past but i dont think i can anymore.

Oh don't get me wrong Pique was by far the best defender tonight, but he also scored an own goal. Like I said the fact that Rafa has had a hand in every goal in the past few weeks is a damning fact, but in this case what happened was pretty awful luck.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
I wouldn't object if Pep started Yaya or Abidal. I just don't get people openly gloating when he makes a mistake (see J), because right now we only have 2 CBs who haven't been nothing but liabilities this year.

his mistakes have always led to goals.

and as a defender, you should atleast maintain your concentration to avoid such fuckups.

i would have been benched for these mistakes by my team and fuck, i dont have the luxury of earning as much as marquez. it just pisses me off that he could have slide tackled the guy or pulled on his shirt.. to avoid such a thing. no sir, i will let him get past me.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The problem is when your confidence is already low, you begin making even bigger mistakes - it's why nobody just magically finds form. He was probably afraid he would cause a penalty or something. Poor move but I thought it was more down to his poor athleticism than anything else, he thought he could stay in front of the guy and couldn't turn around quick enough. He should have been more aggressive.

Also :lol: at comparing yourself to Marquez

Home of Barca Fans