Rafael Márquez

jamrock

I agree, I watched the game, and he wasn't proactive enough

Should have put in Guille or darvish, maybe both, they are young but have that's something special, and really go for it, we were already losing

Messi983

Rafa said he's happy at the club and open to stay but will see if "offers from above" will arrive. As expected. There were reports few weeks ago Oviedo is one of the clubs interested in him if Luis Carrion will leave them. And now that Oviedo failed to get promoted to La Liga yesterday it's an open secret Carrion will replace Pimi at UDLP.

So not surprised to see Rafa linked to Oviedo again, especially with their Mexican owners.

Tbf I think it would be a good step up in his career. Based on what I've seen in promotion playoffs there are some similarities between Rafa and Carrion too so he might fit well with that team. And maybe we can loan them some players who are above the Primera RFEF level but won't have a spot in the first team after preseason.

Andresito

Staff member
I think he's also keeping in mind that he most definitely will get the caretaker job if Flick is sacked.

Messi983

That's possible but I think it's much more likely that would be in his mind had Xavi stayed. He knows Flick was Laporta's choice and will be given a full season imo. And if Rafa goes now and prove himself at Oviedo, maybe promote them then he could be in the run for first team job next season again if Flick is gone by then.

Messi983

Reportedly he'll join Mexico's NT as Aguirre's assistant and then take over in 2026.

"Rafa Márquez has already said yes. There is a verbal agreement between the Federation and Kaiser. He liked the project towards 2030 and being able to continue learning alongside Vasco. The only thing left is to separate himself from Barcelona," Araige published in X.

The key to convincing Rafael Márquez to accept being Aguirre's assistant is that his contract with the Mexican Football Federation is automatically renewed after the 2026 World Cup, but to be the new coach for the 2030 World Cup qualification, reported Gibrán Araige.

khaled_a_d

Reportedly he'll join Mexico's NT as Aguirre's assistant and then take over in 2026.

"Rafa Márquez has already said yes. There is a verbal agreement between the Federation and Kaiser. He liked the project towards 2030 and being able to continue learning alongside Vasco. The only thing left is to separate himself from Barcelona," Araige published in X.

The key to convincing Rafael Márquez to accept being Aguirre's assistant is that his contract with the Mexican Football Federation is automatically renewed after the 2026 World Cup, but to be the new coach for the 2030 World Cup qualification, reported Gibrán Araige.

So, is he going to remain as out B coach next year? Or will leave?

Windhook

It'd suit him to lead Mexico. It's better for his career. Barca are not going to experiment with club icons any time soon, not this decade.

Home of Barca Fans