Rafinha Alcantara

serghei

For me so far he's lacking game intelligence and positional awareness. He can do stuff with the ball and surprise you at times with his virtuosity, but not much else.

L

linetty

For me so far he's lacking game intelligence and positional awareness. He can do stuff with the ball and surprise you at times with his virtuosity, but not much else.
He's disciplined pretty well and has a good work rate. Doesn't lose the ball in a silly way despite being quite brave in taking on opponents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArcqcA_82UA 0:28 is a pretty good example he's got a good awareness and knows what's going on around him.

dakt

I have no doubt in my mind that he can do better than Don with his current form. We cannot wait for Don to get back to his form if he will ever get back. It's time for new blood I think.

Alen

I have no doubt in my mind that he can do better than Don with his current form. We cannot wait for Don to get back to his form if he will ever get back. It's time for new blood I think.

We actually need iniesta in his new role. Rakitic is not good enough playing with his back to the opponents, under pressure. We need iniesta for those transition plays, and keeping the ball, as we don't "have" Xavi anymore.
Rafinha is very talented and can disrupt the lines with his skill, but he doesn't have(yet) the composure that we need in our midfield to keep possession.

DinhoR10

We actually need iniesta in his new role. Rakitic is not good enough playing with his back to the opponents, under pressure. We need iniesta for those transition plays, and keeping the ball, as we don't "have" Xavi anymore.
Rafinha is very talented and can disrupt the lines with his skill, but he doesn't have(yet) the composure that we need in our midfield to keep possession.

+1 Rafinha has talent and needs more time but if we rush it we might mess up his confidence.

L

linetty

What matters in football is who scores more goals not who keeps the ball longer. There's no backing up to the 'Rafinha doesn't have the footballing intelligence yet. Rafinha doesn't have the composure to keep possession yet' claims. They just made up out of thin air.

Keeping the ball just for the sake of it is pointless.

DinhoR10

What matters in football is who scores more goals not who keeps the ball longer. There's no backing up to the 'Rafinha doesn't have the footballing intelligence yet. Rafinha doesn't have the composure to keep possession yet' claims. They just made up out of thin air.

Rafinha is very talented but I don't want him to be put in a situation where the entire team depends on his performance this early, he still needs regular consistent mins before we throw him into the fire and give him the pivotal holding role that Iniesta has (especially evident in the 3-1 win). In that role he essentially has to hold down the entire midfield and protect Busi from getting run at from deep because as we all know Busi can't handle that kind of job most of the time. I say tart him in all the easier/mid table games maybe for now and once he shows more confidence by the end of the season/start of next season start him in a big game.

Alen

Don't put words in my mouth, i never said i want us to keep the ball for the sake of it. Possession is primarily our way of defending, not our way of attacking. We need to keep the ball, otherwise we're toast. You may have noticed we don't defend that well without it.

L

linetty

Don't put words in my mouth, i never said i want us to keep the ball for the sake of it. Possession is primarily our way of defending, not our way of attacking. We need to keep the ball, otherwise we're toast. You may have noticed we don't defend that well without it.
We're toast when we keep the ball for the sake of it. Keeping the ball for 70% of the time without creating any danger up front is just stupid and the opportunity to get hit on the counter rises drastically.

Thaknfully Lucho doesn't want to keep the ball at any costs but also to give it back a bit and let the opponent further in to hit him on the counter.

Home of Barca Fans