Rafinha Alcantara

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I also don't think he's been bad but I do wish he kept it more simple.
Xavi's still here so take notes Rafa!

dakt

I was looking forward to see him back on the pitch, but was away. So judging by your comments he was average...might be from the pressure when playing with the big boys.
Never the less, he will grow to be our important player and he has master Xavi and Iniesta to learn from.

F

Flavia

I thought he improved when xavi was subbed. It seemed to me he was holding back, shy out of respect or something. That pass to start the counter of the 6th goal was awesome.

BerkeleyBernie

his positioning was good

It wasn't, but can't tell if that was his choice or an instruction from Lucho. Watch the first half and try to find him every time Alba and Neymar get the ball. He's never close enough to be involved; with Messi playing deep false 9 shaded to the right (instead of Suarez shuttling across the front to help both wings in attack), they are on their own trying to working combinations 2v2. The left wing was effectively neutered in the first half due to player positioning.

If anyone can share player pass combination statistics, I'd be curious to see (especially Rafinha Alba Neymar in the first half).

Last edited:
L

linetty

Rafinha did some lovely skil in the game, so classy
Drew a lot of cards, also a red card

Just a class above Xavi ATM :)
Yeah, it's really sad to see Xavi be so poor these days, couldn't even stand out against 10 men Elche

It's good to know when to step down,

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It wasn't, but can't tell if that was his choice or an instruction from Lucho. Watch the first half and try to find him every time Alba and Neymar get the ball. He's never close enough to be involved; with Messi playing deep false 9 shaded to the right (instead of Suarez shuttling across the front to help both wings in attack), they are on their own trying to working combinations 2v2. The left wing was effectively neutered in the first half due to player positioning.

If anyone can share player pass combination statistics, I'd be curious to see (especially Rafinha Alba Neymar in the first half).

You might very well be right, tbh I only watched the second half where he was connecting alright with the team - he was there to give some 1-2's, some small flicks and passes, he drew away some opponents etc. Lika Bojan said above, Rafi needs to keep it simple before he tries the advanced stuff, it's not good to get ahead of yourself - learn how crawl before you do back heel passes ;)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Yeah, it's really sad to see Xavi be so poor these days, couldn't even stand out against 10 men Elche

It's good to know when to step down,

I only watched the highlights but it's sad to see that Xavi regressed into Cesc last game

Home of Barca Fans