Rafinha Alcantara

L

linetty

Xavi can make anybody playing besides him look really good. It really is not any excuse that Xavi-Rafinha would be a better fit and that Rafinha doesn't play optimally when paired with Iniesta, because (1) Xavi is going to leave (2) It doesn't mean anything.
It is an excuse because in that case Rafinha wouldn't be obliged occupy the CM spot where he clearly doesn't feel comfortable. He's not a player that can control the tempo of the game or make runs into free space to make pass options and it's the primary task of a central midfielder. He simply suffers in a deeper role. You can put him AM and Roberto CM and we would've looked better on Sunday.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He hasn't shown much so far but I don't mind Lucho taking a punt on him this season. You need to be brave and develop youth sometimes.

Zangash

Banned
Rafa starts in another medium sized game. So much for him being behind Sergi Roberto now. Or perhaps Lucho has converted Sergi to backup CDM full time now. *shrug*

Starting him next to Iniesta is going to be a fucking disaster but for some reason Lucho seems to think they're actually a solid midfield pairing and it boggles my mind. Ah well, hope he pulls his weight out there. We're going to need it.

F

Flavia

Rafa starts in another medium sized game. So much for him being behind Sergi Roberto now. Or perhaps Lucho has converted Sergi to backup CDM full time now. *shrug*

Starting him next to Iniesta is going to be a fucking disaster but for some reason Lucho seems to think they're actually a solid midfield pairing and it boggles my mind. Ah well, hope he pulls his weight out there. We're going to need it.

I don't get why LE insists so much in playing them together. Every time they played together, it has been awful... And yet he insists on it. Makes me wonder if he doesn't realize how bad they are together.

cris29

I don't get why LE insists so much in playing them together. Every time they played together, it has been awful... And yet he insists on it. Makes me wonder if he doesn't realize how bad they are together.

He is a favourite of his unfortunately; many coaches tend to have that 'one' favourite.

Honestly I think its more for iniesta than Rafinha. Maybe Lucho starts Rafa next to Iniesta in order to force him to learn how to control the midfield even with a semi-unreliable partner.

Stric

The Alcantara brothers have this natural confidence on the pitch that I'm sure helps them and the team. When juniors act like juniors, the opponents can smell the fear and use it. I think he had an overall good game, to boot.

Kohe321

He really played a great game! Improved greatly in positioning, and his dribling and passing was mostly on point. Just a shame that the ridiculous situation between Alba and Lahoz meant he had to go off early, he was on a roll.

But keep it up!

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Well, he played a great game.

Yes, but that's bad news, Rafi/Iniesta shouldn't be happening, Espanyol didn't press us at all in the first half, thus they still looked great, but against a stronger opponent I don't know how it'd work out.

Leo_Messi

Yes, but that's bad news, Rafi/Iniesta shouldn't be happening, Espanyol didn't press us at all in the first half, thus they still looked great, but against a stronger opponent I don't know how it'd work out.

Lucho won't use them against stronger opponents. It worked today because Lucho correctly predicted that Espanyol would have an defensive approach and "allow" us to have by far the vast majority of the possession. Espanyol lacked important players in the midfield.

He did well too.

Home of Barca Fans