Rafinha Alcantara

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
None of the brothers have been convincing for us. Thiago had the same problem as Cesc and Rafinha. Not quite a CM, not quite an AM.
We need a proper CM like Gundogan or Veratti, and a proper AM like Pogba.

I agree, Pogba is imo a great player - just not a fit as a Barca CM.

BBZ8800

He clicks when we as a team click, he can sort of melt in into a clicking team. But we can't expect for him to take the team on his shoulders, to put in an extra gear and lift us up - we need a wc CM for that, time for us to start looking imo

He clicks only in cup matches against 3rd div teams and sometimes at Nou Camp when we play against weakest sides.

Whenever we face a semi-decent opponent, and he plays paired with Iniesta, he is all over the place and we don't have any midfield control.
He had 2-3 good games, and 7-8 horrible games lately.

Alik

My personal opinion: He's not a CM.

And shouldn't be playing there at Barca, given the other players we have. Maybe try him further upfront?

Ritchie

All these minutes given to Roberto and Rafinha who are never Barca material, yet we had the real deal in Thiago who was underused and let go and now a potential star in Samper as well who should be part of the first team.

DrPepper

It's a balance problem. I'd like to see Xavi and Rafinha together, not sure we had this pairing too often. But well, Xavi + Rakitic / Iniesta is simply a lot better.

F

Flavia

I wont give up on him. Its an adapting process and it will take time. Another season and then we can judge him.

I have. Don't think he's good enough to be a starter at Barça. A squad player, maybe, but not more than that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't play him with Iniesta.

As simple as that. Play him with Xavi or Rakitic so he can be the AM.

Rafinha-Iniesta is like the Alonso-Schweinsteiger of Bayern. Just really unbalanced.

JamDav1982

Don't play him with Iniesta.

As simple as that. Play him with Xavi or Rakitic so he can be the AM.

Rafinha-Iniesta is like the Alonso-Schweinsteiger of Bayern. Just really unbalanced.

Hes pretty much a bog standard AM anyway. Not good enough for Barca.

Home of Barca Fans