Rafinha Alcantara

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back Rafinha!

Odd timing for Lucho to put him on first time after his injury but fortunately it didn't backfire.

JamDav1982

Atletico were camped in their box.

Would guess Lucho wanted a midfielder that could get into the box or open up the defence as Rakitic is not that type and not doing much.

Probably didnt want to put on Arda for Raki again and seen Rafinha as better option in and around box than Roberto.

Not totally baffling.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Atletico were camped in their box.

Would guess Lucho wanted a midfielder that could get into the box or open up the defence as Rakitic is not that type and not doing much.

Probably didnt want to put on Arda for Raki again and seen Rafinha as better option in and around box than Roberto.

Not totally baffling.

I sort of agree, but being out for so long and getting so many minutes in such an important match? If it would backfire totally I'd be angry as hell, but luckily (yes luckily) it didn't.

JamDav1982

I sort of agree, but being out for so long and getting so many minutes in such an important match? If it would backfire totally I'd be angry as hell, but luckily (yes luckily) it didn't.

Not lucky.

He played as expected. Not even that great but got forward and disrupted them a bit.

JamDav1982

In Rakitic's position, definitely, even considering Rafinha's left footed.

Dont think he suits Rakitics position at all. Think Arda suits it more.

Rafinha is too attacking and likes freedom.

Nothing he had to do tonight was anything he would need to do playing the role Rakitic does.

barcanuck

I thought he would be far down the pecking order of subs! But first sub was an impressive move by Lucho. Arda didn't help his stock recently so Rafinha is now ahead of him IMO.

Lucho clearly trusts the lad. He played reasonably well, considering the circumstances. Needs more game time though. Many of his passes were not 100% accurate, just a few yards off.

Home of Barca Fans