Rafinha Alcantara

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Got the feeling that he might even start. To be subbed on against Atletico and do so well with barely any rhythm is probably enough for Lucho to start one of his favourites.

El Flaco

Rafinha shouldn't have played as a starter in a very tough away game, he's not ready for that yet.

Poor game for him.

utility73

Rather poor game. But at least he still has a good excuse in contrast to most of the rest.
Still hope he will get back on track soon.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
For me, honestly, I never thought Rafinha is, or ever could become good enough to even be a backup for us. He can do some stunts and tricks, but that is not enough to build our midfield on.

God Serena

He is just coming back from a very long term injury, so I'm not sweating his performance. I wouldn't expect much from him until next season, tbh. Although I have to wonder, why would Lucho start him and Arda in midfield? It's like he just wanted to lose.

xXKonan

Not the best game and best midfield pairing for Lucho to use this match. I know Lucho is eager to use Rafinha again but the guy shouldn't be thrown into tough away games so soon considering he just got back after being 6 months on the sideline.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He is just coming back from a very long term injury, so I'm not sweating his performance. I wouldn't expect much from him until next season, tbh. Although I have to wonder, why would Lucho start him and Arda in midfield? It's like he just wanted to lose.

He wasn't good enough before his injury either, no potential to become a Barca player. It was almost funny to read some comments that he was slowly becoming better than Thiago. He didn't have what it took before the injury, and when he was injured I knew straight away we should focus on bringing another MF in. While I though Arda was one of 3 players out there that would be good for our system, I'm starting to think I was wrong :(

FC B

Thiago isn't even that good for Barca system as people here love to think. Rafinha has what it takes to be a Barca squad player but not necessarily a startup player.

Messi983

He's good enough now to be a squad player now and has potential to be our starting MF in two years. What's most important is that Lucho believes in him and we've all seen what that kind of confidence (and I think Lucho likes Rafinha even more than Roberto) did for Roberto's development this season. He just need time to get back into playing rhythm and form and it probably won't happen until next season but then watch out for him.

SeloBarca

Thiago isn't even that good for Barca system as people here love to think. Rafinha has what it takes to be a Barca squad player but not necessarily a startup player.

The games Thiago played for us he wasent convincing either. None of the brothers are. Neither is Halilovich, far from it.

To many of our current midfielders has the "Fabregas" syndrome. They are avarage in everything and dont excell at anything.

I see the criterias for our midfielders excelling in one or two of:
Speed/Acceleration
Passing
Technique

Iniesta is (was at peak)
Speed/Acceleration 8,5
Passing 7,5
Technique 8,5

Xavi was
Speed/Acceleration 7
Passing 10
Technique 8

None of our other midfielders reaches over 7 in any criteria, and beeing avarage in all is not good for our team.

Gündogan, Veratti for CM and Pogba for AM is some of the few ones that excell.

BusiTheKing

He's good enough now to be a squad player now and has potential to be our starting MF in two years. What's most important is that Lucho believes in him and we've all seen what that kind of confidence (and I think Lucho likes Rafinha even more than Roberto) did for Roberto's development this season. He just need time to get back into playing rhythm and form and it probably won't happen until next season but then watch out for him.

Where does this crazy bias stem from? He's too slow and unskilled to play the sort of figure he's trying to play. It's so easy to tell. In all his appearances for us, I can't think of more than one time where he made an actual difference or changed a game on his own. He will never, ever, ever be a starter for us. Don't think Halilovic will ever be either, but he just might with some serious development.

Home of Barca Fans