Raheem Sterling

Falcao

I wonder how true the rumours of Bayern's interest is. It'd be fascinating to see how Sterling would develop under Guardiola.

Jenks

I wonder how true the rumours of Bayern's interest is. It'd be fascinating to see how Sterling would develop under Guardiola.

If true they maybe see him as a replacement for Green, who doesn't seem to have the talent/attitude to make it at Bayern.

Adversus

He just rejected £185k p/w apparently. At this point it clearly isn't about the money. He probably fancies himself abroad under a manager like Ancelotti/Pep or perhaps a move back to London to play under Mourinho.

And did someone really compare Kane with Sterling? Sterling is a million miles ahead in terms of talent.

Talent, talent. Kane is the joint top scorer in the EPL and didn't start a game till November. He also scored within 18 secs of coming on in his international debut and also on his premier league debut.

I'm not a Spurs fan and I know he's only 21 and could fall foul of 2nd season syndrome and all but I remember the first game I saw him play when he scored a hat-trick in the Europa League and played in goals the last 5 mins and just remember thinking "wow he looks good".

However Sterling hasn't posted anything like those numbers. How many goals has he scored? You can talk about talent all you like but at the end of the day top players post top numbers and Sterling just doesn't. He's a brilliant player - just a bit over-rated.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Jamie Carragher has called Sterling and his agent a disgrace for using the media in Sterling's extension talks and putting it all in the public domain.

Can't say I disagree.

Home of Barca Fans