Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Every season every competition is a gamble but if we are playing say Barca on Saturday and Chelsea on Wednesday with the difference 5 points.. which game you think he will be more focused on ?

DucdeOrléans

Of course Chelsea but no one says that the gap only will be 5 points. With drop to even more after El Clásico. 5 points is not enough to downplay the league IMO.

Beast

The Observer
Enough as we are competing with Barca not another teams...
i think the gap will be 5.. if it's reachable (say 2-3 points ) than it's different but till this happens i know Jose (and our fans ) will be looking towards our holy grail

DucdeOrléans

Of course the CL should be the priority in your posiiton, but as I mentioned before it is a very big risk to take, Mourinho or no Mourinho this year. Would be fine with me if you downplayed the league, if you would qualify against Lyon.

Beast

The Observer
Not downplaying the importance of the league i'm not one of those who make the competition crap simply because we lost it (well apart from the Copa but that's always my opinion )
however everyone knows the CL is always been our competition and holy grail.. something we always plan on conquering each year even if we fail .. all Madridista feel the same way
now when you look @ Barca form and added it to the above + plus the point difference the choice is clear... providing of course we beat our boogy team next Wednesday .. ain't downplaying Lyon ability ..

Beast

The Observer
Another win for Castilla Madrid over Atletico Madrid B in the Madrid B's derby, Castilla won 4-3 with both Morata and Alex getting on the scoresheet .. keeping the tradition of their first team :lol:
RM Castilla now has the strongest attack in the division with 54 goals scored
the drop of two points in the race last week (when Jose picked up the stars Morata and Alex for the game ) didn't help Castilla a lot as they drifted 3 points off the second place and 9 points off first place but still 4 points off 4th spot and still in the playoffs spot
8 games remain (week 29 was played today ) .. in week 33 Real Castilla play second place Lugo @ home and in week 35 first spot Universidad play second place Lugo
the team dropped just two points since January and i believe they could be playing Barca B next season in Segunda if all went well and they keep up this form

S

Sammie

A bit off topic, but I came across this a while ago, thought it's worth sharing :D

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Every season every competition is a gamble but if we are playing say Barca on Saturday and Chelsea on Wednesday with the difference 5 points.. which game you think he will be more focused on ?

I see your point on the league becoming 2nd priority to the CL but don't forget that this is the Clasico you're talking about here, no way he shouldn't be going all out vs Barca no matter what game comes next IMO...

Beast

The Observer
Yes i know the Classico remain a classico but as i said if you ask a Madridista CL or the Classico the answer will still be the same = CL
in the last 3 CL's we didn't win the league when we won the CL .. in fact one of them we came outside the CL qualifier spots and UEFA did what they did to Liverpool and allowed us to defend our title

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Come on Lyon, beat Madrid, thought to be honest, I want Madrid to get through so that they can help us eliminate the English teams.

Sergio

Sergison
Silvio Berlusconi : "China is not a nation I will do business with - you know that they boiled babies for agricultural fertilizer?"

Not everything this man says can be taken seriously.

Beast

The Observer
Not when it comes to Milan ;) and that's the second time in a row..
the more you come in terms with that inevitability the less painful it would be in the summer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans