Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
I don't believe his form has dropped as much as some make it out to be. The thing is Casillas usually shines when his team is doing bad, he singlehandedly keeps them in games, and for the last two years Real haven't exactly been doing too bad. Its not that his form dropped, its just the current Real team doesn't need to be so dependent on him like they were a few years back...

Spot on (the iker talk was a joke from my side ) but as you pointed out.. when the team is bad and on the defence Iker stands out among the other players but now people are more concerned about who create who score they forgot Iker is between the stands
this season in particular apart from few games Iker is very solid
he one of the best shot stoppers and that is what real need him for
true
I'm thinking the near post thing in part because of the 2008 game at the Bernabeu v. the gobbi, Gio. If I recall, both Del Piero goals were nearside. (btw, that game sticks in my mind because of the ovation the bernabeu gave del piero when he was subbed off more than anything else. classy behavior, that).

Free kick if i recall well (or was that in the peace cup ? ) Iker has his moments with some players.. Del Piero is one of them in general most Italian teams
regarding the Bernabeu and players like Del Piero , Puyol , Maldini , Raul , Hierro have special admiration among us .. we respect them even if they beat us

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Barca vs Real Madrid 08/09 2-0+2-6 is where Casillas was really good. Maybe his last season being a great goalkeeper (except for Henry's second goal). Again only time I seen Casillas being well was in South Africa after losing form.

veryfatchocobo

Barca vs Real Madrid 08/09 2-0+2-6 is where Casillas was really good. Maybe his last season being a great goalkeeper (except for Henry's second goal). Again only time I seen Casillas being well was in South Africa after losing form.
It's guaranteed he's going to lose form after the WC anyway. He had the weight of Spain on his hands. He'll probably be back in form next season anyway. Assuming he gets rest of course.

Moe