Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Mourinho constantly trash talking on Barca? Or is that considered "mind- games" as you folks put it? What's the difference?

About football matters. What has he said about the institution? Or did he single out a player on matters outside football? Never will you hear any criticism from one club to another unless its a devilesh trick to make you lose money, pay more, lose on the field, break your concentration, etc...

Real Madrid and Barca even have a gentleman's agreement not to bid on the same players or steal each others players. You also would see that Puyol and Casillas have major respect towards each other at any given moment, Hierro with Pep and so on.

I am not trying to paint an image of solidarity because the clubs are bitter rivals, but when a player's health off the pitch takes a turn for the worst, both clubs put their differences aside.

Richard.H

About football matters. What has he said about the institution? Or did he single out a player on matters outside football? Never will you hear any criticism from one club to another unless its a devilesh trick to make you lose money, pay more, lose on the field, break your concentration, etc...

Real Madrid and Barca even have a gentleman's agreement not to bid on the same players or steal each others players. You also would see that Puyol and Casillas have major respect towards each other at any given moment, Hierro with Pep and so on.

I am not trying to paint an image of solidarity because the clubs are bitter rivals, but when a player's health off the pitch takes a turn for the worst, both clubs put their differences aside.

Fair point, but Mourinho still is a very disrespectful man in my eyes due to his policy of doing whatever is possible to win(referring to his mind games). I guess I've been spoiled by the display of respect and courtesy that has been shown by Pep.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It's true the clubs are not so bitter outside the football... In 08-09, didn't Raul declare Madrid gonna be wishing for us to get past Semis and go on to win the CL!?

Beast

The Observer
Yes Estel so did Florentino Perez and i'll add to Arman above what Raed said

- both clubs in 2004/2005 charted one airplane to carry all their brazilian from Spain to Brazil and back to ensure they are back in time
- Heirro , Pepe and Lucho were the closest friends during the 90's , Iker,Eto'o and Xavi co during the 2000's, Pep and Raul used to dine together occasionally ... the rivalry is just on the pitch and the fans who think that showing extreme hate can make them better more genuine fans.. it's not the case between the players and the clubs
sure they will want to win .. provoke each other football wise but don't think for a minute they don't go out and have fun all together otherwise this Spanish team wouldn't have won jackshit
Jose pull out mind games , Schuster (who played for both ) trash talked Barca a lot more than Jose.. u go beyond the provocativeness of the managers you wouldn't see or remember any Madrid or Barca player trashing each other at all
In fact even as rivals they do talk with respect about each other (yep sure you will read we will win ..etc ) but still in a proper way .. look @ the two presidents whoever they are during the clasico ... you will see more hate let's say between Del Nido-Perez than Sandro/Laporta-Perez/Calderon .. same for Laporta/Espanyol president

W

woobie

I might have to steal your hubcaps if you mention HIM again, Ed. :D

(Casillas is a great keeper. Can be beaten at the near post though.)

Beast

The Observer
Freekicks and headers always were Iker problems .. not the far or near post IMO
His height make him a little vulnerable in dealing with corners he usually stand on the line and count greatly on his best trait which is his nano-reflexes , same for Freekicks or super shots

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I don't believe his form has dropped as much as some make it out to be. The thing is Casillas usually shines when his team is doing bad, he singlehandedly keeps them in games, and for the last two years Real haven't exactly been doing too bad. Its not that his form dropped, its just the current Real team doesn't need to be so dependent on him like they were a few years back...

W

woobie

I'm thinking the near post thing in part because of the 2008 game at the Bernabeu v. the gobbi, Gio. If I recall, both Del Piero goals were nearside. (btw, that game sticks in my mind because of the ovation the bernabeu gave del piero when he was subbed off more than anything else. classy behavior, that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans