Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
As i was saying and he proved it twice now.. without the strength of Xavi and co he can't function on his own or carry the team for a long time

I think it's the chemistry and respect.. Jose respect Zizou a lot and they have their chemistry when they brilliantly dealt with Benzema and changed him

:rofl1:

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Beast/other Madridistas on here -

a) did you like Ronaldo before he joined Madrid? has your opinion changed?
b) what do you think his main weaknesses are?
c) do you think he's as good as he was between 06 and 08 for Man Utd?

I'm intrigued because he's the figurehead of the modern Madrid but personally I think he's got worse (or rather more selfish/goal-orientated) since joining Madrid. And I do wonder how likeable he is for fans of Madrid...

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
He didn't get worse, he got better. His dribbling is much better, his passing is also better, his diving is a lot less, though his first touch is still under par I think and his freekicks are shit.

I always like Ronaldo, even when people made fun of him for crying in the Euro cup but I always appreciated how hard he worked and how passionate he is. Especially that he has ever reason to go off on a tangent, he hasn't, he has been able to manage his personal life and his career very well. On the pitch sometimes I think he is annoying and for his price uncap able but seeing how he has impressed in Portugal, won everything in England, and is destroying Spain you can't help but admire his will.

I am sure he misses the old guard at Man U, they took a huge load of his back. In Madrid I see him struggle when trying to create when things get really tough but with some experience and gelling time, I expect to see an even better Ronaldo. Magnificent player. To me he is in the category of Beckham, where I am not too fond of his playing style but I consider their professionalism exemplary and their achievements and power of will inspirational.

He didn't get worse, he got better. His dribbling is much better, his passing is also better, his diving is a lot less, though his first touch is still under par I think and his freekicks are shit.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
As i was saying and he proved it twice now.. without the strength of Xavi and co he can't function on his own or carry the team for a long time

He doesn't need Xavi and Iniesta, he just needs a functioning team around him. He was great for Argentina when they had managers that weren't completely clueless.

Yugi

geeez, stop arguing with merengues about messi being shit... they will never understand the magic

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!

That is why we have Iniesta for 6 years and Cesc for the next 10 (with hopefully Thiago in the mix as well). Don't forget about Busquets as well. The future is bright, the future is Blaugrana.

E

estranged

You say a lot of things and no jack shit has been proven. He is still by far the best footballer on the planet and any team dreams of having him play for them. But don't worry after Xavi there will be Thiago and Cesc to help him out, and Iniesta will be around for another 5/6 years too :)

Clockwise

Buccaneer
It's really sad to hear this "he needs Xavi/Iniesta" nonsense so often. well yeah it would be nice to see Messi in some other system, some other composition aswell. but this Argentina side is anything but a system. it's a bunch of players thrown on the pitch and don't seem to follow any style of play. there's no understanding between them and they don't act like they're part of a TEAM. Messi not performing to his standards has nothing to do with not having Xavi/Iniesta. the problem is he cannot interact with someone like a teammate. it's like he has no real teammate because they don't try to connect with each other's moves. Messi has performed great with Argentina before when the team was is a little better condition before.

Beast

The Observer
He doesn't need Xavi and Iniesta, he just needs a functioning team around him. He was great for Argentina when they had managers that weren't completely clueless.

.. He can't do things on his own... which is what you are saying.. the team(argie ) is functioning but Messi needs a certain style of play to function and certain providers
That is why we have Iniesta for 6 years and Cesc for the next 10 (with hopefully Thiago in the mix as well). Don't forget about Busquets as well. The future is bright, the future is Blaugrana.
You seriously underestimate Puyol and Xavi..

It's really sad to hear this "he needs Xavi/Iniesta" nonsense so often. well yeah it would be nice to see Messi in some other system, some other composition aswell. but this Argentina side is anything but a system. it's a bunch of players thrown on the pitch and don't seem to follow any style of play. there's no understanding between them and they don't act like they're part of a TEAM. Messi not performing to his standards has nothing to do with not having Xavi/Iniesta. the problem is he cannot interact with someone like a teammate. it's like he has no real teammate because they don't try to connect with each other's moves. Messi has performed great with Argentina before when the team was is a little better condition before.

He does need Xavi and Iniesta... without them he is good but not Barca good.. especially the Maestro Xavi
You say a lot of things and no jack shit has been proven. He is still by far the best footballer on the planet and any team dreams of having him play for them. But don't worry after Xavi there will be Thiago and Cesc to help him out, and Iniesta will be around for another 5/6 years too :)

I actually don't need to prove anything Messi record with Argentina says it all ...he is the best footballer in the planet but with his national team he is good nothing special and nothing great

I'm intrigued because he's the figurehead of the modern Madrid but personally I think he's got worse (or rather more selfish/goal-orientated) since joining Madrid. And I do wonder how likeable he is for fans of Madrid...

What Raed said

What Raed said

M

mitkoa7x

Messi playing badly for Argentina? Seriously? He might not score as much as he does in Barca but he assists for almost every goal. He does everything he does for barca in argentina but his teammates arent as good. He carryes the whole team for 90 mins then gets criticised while every1 hides behind him. He plays briliantly for the national team, stupid madritistas are too blind to see it.

Beast

The Observer
Messi playing badly for Argentina? Seriously? He might not score as much as he does in Barca but he assists for almost every goal. He does everything he does for barca in argentina but his teammates arent as good. He carryes the whole team for 90 mins then gets criticised while every1 hides behind him. He plays briliantly for the national team, stupid madritistas are too blind to see it.

And Stupid Agies too ? i have missed his 3 assists in the last 2 games.. sorry didn't watch the games

E

estranged

Messi had a brilliant assist to Lavezzi in the Colombia game which would have been a match winning goal, and Lavezzi fucked it up, Messi's fault? If you put Michael Schumacher in a 1987 Ford Fiesta of course he can't do much, but that still doesn't take anything away from his greatness. Same applies to Messi, as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather watch him rape Real Madrid at the Bernabeu rather than see him destroy Colombia and Bolivia. I couldn't give 2 shits bout International football, the quality of International football is as high as the English 1st division at best. I'd rather see him do it at the club level which is 100x more competitive and challenging. If Messi can do it against Mourinho's Madrid I don't need to see him do it against Brazil, Mexico, Colombia etc. :)

El Gato

Villarato!
So it seems I have missed quite a lot after last week's camping in Snowdonia. Coentrao for 30 mil? Senseless for me, probably crucial for Mourinho in one way or another. We will see. I didn't believe it would be true to spend so much on him, but if so then I see Marcelo getting his minutes decreased, probably due to inconsistency and lack of discipline in defence.

Zidane sporting director, since I knew that beforehand I think it's quite normal and he'll be more of a scout than a person with serious position in the management.

Iker stripped of captaincy? BS. It's too big decision for Mourinho to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans