Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Beast, point remains that without the experience, exposure, harmony and chemistry, we don't stand a chance against the best midfield in the world.

Listen, I have been thinking about this a lot and really we respected Barcelona too much. I don't blame Mourinho or anything but there were stretches (weren't for VERY long) where the players just liberated themselves and pushed Barcelona back into their own half. Now, Sahin next to Xabi I understand, as these two + Marcelo can become outlets and allow Ozil or Di Maria to focus on the final third. But to completely hand the midfield to two new midfielders who have not played in Spain or for Madrid or faced Barcelona would be a disaster.

All I am saying is that if Mourinho frees the team a little and allow them to keep hold of the ball, as opposed to hoof it up to Ronaldo, and with a fit Higuain, we could face Barcelona without the negativity. No point in changing players when the system would prevent them from using their best abilities, dribbling/passing. Heck, even Marcelo was kicking the ball far whenever he got it, you are telling me that is because he sucks or he is afraid to run? He is as talented as they get, as good as they get but direct orders are direct orders.

I don't even mind seeing that line up if it works, who knows, I haven't seen Sahin and Coentrao play in midfield together so I don't know what to expect but I am not worried about my squad before the new comers as much as it I was frustrated by the style of counter attacking. I mean, until we win something valuable, I can manage seeing Madrid sit back to Barcelona. But I seriously cannot handle seeing Ozil and Di Maria look at the sky and Ronaldo chasing a lost cause because Marcelo, Xabi and Pepe all had to hoof the ball 60 yards. To me, that was the most disgusting thing I ever saw, not the losses, not the physicality, not the counter attack.

If you are talking about Lass I understand.

If Mourinho is planning to do more of the same then even wins won't be enjoyable, let alone thrilling.

Last edited:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Beast, point remains that without the experience, exposure, harmony and chemistry, we don't stand a chance against the best midfield in the world.

Listen, I have been thinking about this a lot and really we respected Barcelona too much. I don't blame Mourinho or anything but there were stretches (weren't for VERY long) where the players just liberated themselves and pushed Barcelona back into their own half. Now, Sahin next to Xabi I understand, as these two + Marcelo can become outlets and allow Ozil or Di Maria to focus on the final third. But to completely hand the midfield to two new midfielders who have not played in Spain or for Madrid or faced Barcelona would be a disaster.

All I am saying is that if Mourinho frees the team a little and allow them to keep hold of the ball, as opposed to hoof it up to Ronaldo, and with a fit Higuain, we could face Barcelona without the negativity. No point in changing players when the system would prevent them from using their best abilities, dribbling/passing. Heck, even Marcelo was kicking the ball far whenever he got it, you are telling me that is because he sucks or he is afraid to run? He is as talented as they get, as good as they get but direct orders are direct orders.

I don't even mind seeing that line up if it works, who knows, I haven't seen Sahin and Coentrao play in midfield together so I don't know what to expect but I am not worried about my squad before the new comers as much as it I was frustrated by the style of counter attacking. I mean, until we win something valuable, I can manage seeing Madrid sit back to Barcelona. But I seriously cannot handle seeing Ozil and Di Maria look at the sky and Ronaldo chasing a lost cause because Marcelo, Xabi and Pepe all had to hoof the ball 60 yards. To me, that was the most disgusting thing I ever saw, not the losses, not the physicality, not the counter attack.

If you are talking about Lass I understand.

If Mourinho is planning to do more of the same then even wins won't be enjoyable, let alone thrilling.

Good post...

I always thought that the whole 'Barca can't be stopped without negative football' is overused. I'm not saying its easy but I believe that we have the tendency to get unsettled when another team takes us head on, a team like Real should take advantage of the fact that we aren't used to being in the position. Some Cules were complaining about Mou's negative tactics but I was kinda relieved, I never felt seriously worried by them, frustrating and infuriating? Yes, but hardly worrying. Real have more than enough firepower to cause us problems if they take the initiative, something like the game in Camp Nou in 2009, which I always thought was our most fortunate recent Classico...

Birdy

something like the game in Camp Nou in 2009, which I always thought was our most fortunate recent Classico...

Agree 100 %
and i also think we are two of the very few ever said that..
We want an attacking Real, not afraid, not playing dirty and not anti-footballistic..

But, its all up to Mourinho.. And as i said in the previous post, i think he will be afraid in the end (when the tough games come) to implement this and will revert back to his safe approach..
Pellegrini should be proud that even if he failed he tried to play some football..

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Agree 100 %
and i also think we are two of the very few ever said that..
We want an attacking Real, not afraid, not playing dirty and not anti-footballistic..

But, its all up to Mourinho.. And as i said in the previous post, i think he will be afraid in the end (when the tough games come) to implement this and will revert back to his safe approach..
Pellegrini should be proud that even if he failed he tried to play some football..

I am not sure you want that. When we attacked you, you conceded. I don't expect cules to deal with it properly.

M

mitkoa7x

I am not sure you want that. When we attacked you, you conceded. I don't expect cules to deal with it properly.

I'm pretty sure it didnt go as u describe it...
Manita.jpg
dont forget the manita!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I'm pretty sure it didnt go as u describe it...
Manita.jpg
dont forget the manita!

I said when we attacked you, not left miles between each line. It was a disaster of a game that should have ended 2-0 or 3-0 but with Barcelona's relentlessness, made it a manita. In four games after the manita we won as many games as you did.

I still think we will play counter attacking football, but as long as the ball stays on the ground we can have a proper chance, football and score wise.

jamrock

I said when we attacked you, not left miles between each line. It was a disaster of a game that should have ended 2-0 or 3-0 but with Barcelona's relentlessness, made it a manita. In four games after the manita we won as many games as you did.

I still think we will play counter attacking football, but as long as the ball stays on the ground we can have a proper chance, football and score wise.

pussy football, you can't play anything resembling football against us and win. :lol:

Moe