Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
If I'm not wrong, Cristiano had an injury when Pellegrini was their coach and the team didn't suffered too much.

But I agree with you that they need Cristiano to win the league..even when he is playing badly he is opening space for his teammates or scoring the 3rd goal(who is just as important as the first and I give as an example our match against Sociedad, when we lost a 2 goal lead) or obtaining a penalty(re:Getafe; unfortunately our Leo doesn't has to break a leg to get one). The downside of RM playing around Cristiano was that when he was shit last year, they lost a few points at Almeria or Deportivo; but now Higuain is back(who is as much of a bully against small teams as the portuguese) and I don't see them loosing too manny points. Even if they loose against us(and Cristiano underperforms), they can(and probably will if Barca doesn't show in the away matches) win the league.

Now..the CL is something else. Messi gets atacked by most of the PL fan-boys because he is supposedly playing in a weak league and thats why he's scoring so manny goals, when his record in La Liga is only of 34 goals in 2009/2010 season and his favourite competition is CL(where he has one of the best goals/game ratio). With Cristiano the situation is the other way around..he is very good in the league and pretty poor in the knock-out rounds of this competition(Higuain's record in CL is no better). And that's why I believe that if they are to win the CL, Benzema will be an important factor(his goal/game ratio is even better than Messi's) and his understanding of the game, passing and dribbling could make him a big game player(if he isn't already).

You are right about us not being affected when he out for 50 days
But you are wrong about CR in the KO rounds completely .. if you to remember his days with United when he took Arsenal by the balls or Porto ..etc
and considering last year it was the first time to break the round of 16 is so many years he did provide 2 goals vs Spurs and 2 assists vs Lyon

El Gato

Villarato!
Higuain wasn't too brilliant outside the box lately, possibly due to injury and lack of full period of adaptation to Mourinho's concepts of making space for Ronaldo to operate in. He is a class man, but seriously needs to be more of a worker on the pitch. That's what the whole team mentality is right now, to work the ball or when opportunity arises, let Kaka/CR/Di Maria/Marcelo blast it from outside.

In other news: Di Maria is out for Mallorca. He is being saved for Clasico.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Higuain wasn't too brilliant outside the box lately, possibly due to injury and lack of full period of adaptation to Mourinho's concepts of making space for Ronaldo to operate in. He is a class man, but seriously needs to be more of a worker on the pitch. That's what the whole team mentality is right now, to work the ball or when opportunity arises, let Kaka/CR/Di Maria/Marcelo blast it from outside.

In other news: Di Maria is out for Mallorca. He is being saved for Clasico.

that's all good. but i think hiquain should stick to what he is doing. because there will always be a time were the others will struggle to serve the ball to the spaces of ronaldo and benzema (especially in big games) and that's when hiquain becomes lethal. he works of dead balls so well. that is why i say he is a game changer.

Maria

You are right about us not being affected when he out for 50 days
But you are wrong about CR in the KO rounds completely .. if you to remember his days with United when he took Arsenal by the balls or Porto ..etc
and considering last year it was the first time to break the round of 16 is so many years he did provide 2 goals vs Spurs and 2 assists vs Lyon

Yes, with MU he was very good..but last year, despite of his stats, he was not your best player in either of those 4 matches. If I remeber correctly:
-in the away game at Lyon Cristiano was pretty poor and Benzema was the difference maker after comming from the bench in the second half;
-in the home game against Lyon Marcelo, Di Maria and again Benzema were your best players;
-in the home game against Tottenham Adebayor scored the 2 first goals and I don't remember something extraordinary from Cristiano's part;
-at White Hart Lane Xabi was your best player and CR scored the only goal after a blunder from the goalkeeper.

So you see, without him playing bad, his performances were no where near of those he had against Porto or Arsenal. Although under Pellegrini I remember him having some very good games in CL(you can correct me if I'm wrong cause I'm sure you know better than me).

Mes que un club

Very good start from Mallorca; using a 442. They are putting two banks of four deep behind the ball, with the front two closing the first pass. Real Madrid struggle enough to get past the front two from Mallorca; and when they do, they still struggle to get it behind the midfielders. They have the most success in playing it past Mallorcas two attackers when Alonso go deep to pick up the pall and play forward. Mallorca have the problem of being 2v3 in the central midfield area; which require hard, hard work, clever positioning, anticipation and making the right decisions (when to move in for the ball, when to back off and stay close to the defenders. When they win the ball, the two wingers shoot forward, and at times one of the strikers going a bit deeper, effectively turning the shape from a 442 into a 424 or a 4231. The two midfielders stay behind the ball at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans