Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mitkoa7x

NO_TITLE_54253995990_53379995865_600_200-250x83.jpg

Now we understand what Puyol meant when he said…

Puyol: “We’re not going to lower our arms.”

Man: “Of course! This league is a holdup!”

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Antimilan

Perez: Jose, I'll buy La Liga for you, La Liga is ours even if Beast is the manager, but beat Barca and win the CL for god's sake !

Mourinho: .................... We're 10 points clear ahead of Barca.

dalitis8

Banned
I like seeing as Barca are in 2nd spot people like yourself are belittling the league trophy.

Now you are being massively unfair.

You have been reading my posts for two years now. I have always been belittling the league trophy (any league trophy) Despite Barca coming out on top for the past 3 years.

In 2010, I said that our season was a failure due to that Inter loss. And I have always been consistent on my view that for a team like the current Barca, the CL trophy should always take precedent over everything else.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I like seeing as Barca are in 2nd spot people like yourself are belittling the league trophy.

not belittling the Liga, or the trophy, just Real Madrid ... kinda like how everyone belittled Chelsea after they bought 2 EPL titles.

:troll:

I will say, I think that's it's a fascinating dynamic for a club (FC Barcelona) that has always held the Liga in precedent to be faced with such high expectations to win the Champion's League because it is percieved as "more prestigious" by ... foreign Cules? I don't know how best to describe, well really, myself as a non-Catalan, non-Catalan based Cule.

I personally think that the Liga is more of an accomplishment. but at the beginning the of season if you asked me to choose between the Liga and No CL or the CL and no Liga ... I might have chosen the CL. But not because I think it's more prestigious or a better accomplishment than winning La Liga. But because I

1. refuse to see Real win it
2. refuse to see any EPL team win it
3. refuse to deal with either fan base if Real or an EPL-team won it

*hangs head in shame*

Last edited:

Maria

For me La Liga will always be important than the CL..and that's because almost always the best team wins it. In CL the luck is very important, especialy in the knock-out stages. That being said, I hope we give our best tonight because I couldn't stand another bad performance from our players.

dalitis8

Banned
not belittling the Liga, or the trophy, just Real Madrid ... kinda like how everyone belittled Chelsea after they bought 2 EPL titles.

:troll:

I will say, I think that's it's a fascinating dynamic for a club (FC Barcelona) that has always held the Liga in precedent to be faced with such high expectations to win the Champion's League because it is percieved as "more prestigious" by ... foreign Cules? I don't know how best to describe, well really, myself as a non-Catalan, non-Catalan based Cule.

I personally think that the Liga is more of an accomplishment. but at the beginning the of season if you asked me to choose between the Liga and No CL or the CL and no Liga ... I might have chosen the CL. But not because I think it's more prestigious or a better accomplishment than winning La Liga. But because I

1. refuse to see Real win it
2. refuse to see any EPL team win it
3. refuse to deal with either fan base if Real or an EPL-team won it

*hangs head in shame*

I agree with all the pro-League people on here who claim that the CL includes a good element of luck. There can be no doubt about it.

It is also true, that league competition is a better token of a team's potency. Simply because it consists of so many more games, and you cannot be knocked out of it due to a bad day, or some ref fuck-up.

But.

The league, no matter how great it may be (English First Division during the late 70s and early 80s, Serie A during the late 80s and 90s, La Liga circa 2000, EPL 2005-2009) can only mean that you are the best in one European country, or even that you are merely more consistent (especially against weak opposition)

A league says nothing about how a team compares with the top teams from other countries. Madrid have been pretty good this season in Spain (they were also turbocharged by some refs) but how can they do against 2 top English sides (like we had to face all three times that we won the CL in the past few years) I mean, I would love to see Christiano and co. against Hiddink's Chelski. And I would love to see them against Bayern, or Milan, or Arsenal, with refs that are not looking for the slightest excuse to award them penaldos and red-card the opposition.

To return to my main argument, the European Cup is at least an indication, that you are the best team in Europe. That axiom certainly holds true with repeat winners. Madrid in the 50s, Ajax and Bayern in the 70s, Liverpool after that, and now Pep's Barca.

Another thing about the European Cup, is its massive prestige. It is surely the number one measure, of great clubs. Even massive clubs, have only won it but a handful of times. Even Juve, have only managed the feat on a couple of occasions. Scousers will always be able to annoy United fans by reminding them of those 5 European Cups (mind you, that is the main reason why United fans are still riled by Liverpool) Real Madrid will forever boast about its Cups, even if most of them were won in Antiquity. I can go on and on.

Another thing to keep in mind. The European leagues that are the most prestigious (England, Italy and Spain) are those whose clubs have managed to succeed in Europe. What makes La Liga important, is that clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona (with multiple triumphs on the European stage) contest it.

In other words, the European Cup, is a claim to universal glory. A league title, is a title in particularity.

*And trust me, even the most blue-blooded of Catalans, prefer the CL rather than La Liga.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Wonder where were you when we played Milan last season ? asleep i presume

when you post too much created shit you are bound to lose sense of reality

Yes the CL is big for us ( not for you ) you are the nouveau riche of the CL ..and the catalans always preferred the domestic title for so many political reason..
stop posting repetitive stuff , Catalans will always honor the domestic title for what it represent so no the most blue blooded Catalans are quite depressed with the outcome (stop jerking off Cesc and read a bit about your true fans ) , and in your case if you win the CL this season with the difference still 10 points OR More people WILL NEVER Look at you as the best team in the world but another Liverpool case .
already in the Madrid press they are doing the calculation for your guard of honor , we need 16 points so you can do us another one in Camp Nou
get it ?

dalitis8

Banned
Wonder where were you when we played Milan last season ? asleep i presume

when you post too much created shit you are bound to lose sense of reality

Yes the CL is big for us ( not for you ) you are the nouveau riche of the CL ..and the catalans always preferred the domestic title for so many political reason..
stop posting repetitive stuff , Catalans will always honor the domestic title for what it represent so no the most blue blooded Catalans are quite depressed with the outcome (stop jerking off Cesc and read a bit about your true fans ) , and in your case if you win the CL this season with the difference still 10 points OR More people WILL NEVER Look at you as the best team in the world but another Liverpool case .
already in the Madrid press they are doing the calculation for your guard of honor , we need 16 points so you can do us another one in Camp Nou
get it ?

:lol:

You excel in being pedantic (childish)

You only have one half-decent side to refer to, and you make it sound like it was a grand omission on my part. Sure I remember that game (AC Milan) but I thought it not so worthy of mention.

Even if we do a gourd of honor for you at the Camp Nou, you are getting beat and outplayed for another 90mns afterwards.

The fact that you are ready to claim that a team that beats Mourinho's most expensively assembled Real Madrid as a routine, and may even claim a 3rd CL in 4 seasons, will be considered a fluke by the pundits and fans alike, reveals your total lack of integrity or any grasp of systematic argumentation. I am really sorry that no serious discussion can be attempted with you.

Maria

get it ?

Beast, I'm not going to argue with your logic when you talk about the league title..like I said, La Liga should always come first. But you are aware that you won your last CLs without winning the league too..just like Milan did in 2007. I suppose you didn't think that RM was the best team in the world back then either.

And about the guard of honour..is that a requirement for the teams in La Liga when they welcome the champions? Or is just a sign of appreciation like the one you offered us in the Supercup? I'm asking because I don't know the rules as good as you do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans