Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

Yes the Guard of Honor is a Sportsmanship must no matter how bad is the relation between both clubs , the first team that play the champions after the title is guaranteed must do the Guard of Honor or be slammed from everybody
it's different than the Supercup appreciation , it's done inside the league competition .. for Laporta credit when it was due on Barca and the players wanted to wear white shirts written on it "Animo Milito "to escape the scene of Barca players doing the guard of honor he went down and gave them shit as reported " you lost the title , you have to be men enough to do the honorable thing and wear our kits in congratulating them "
Usually rival teams try to escape that possibility by trying to avoid the calculation being correct before they meet each other

So the level of sportsmanship should be different in different competitions..I see..we honour the champions of Copa del Rey and La Liga, but Real Madrid couldn't do the same in the Supercup because it's a minor title. Thank you for your clarification.

Beast

The Observer
So the level of sportsmanship should be different in different competitions..I see..we honour the champions of Copa del Rey and La Liga, but Real Madrid couldn't do the same in the Supercup because it's a minor title. Thank you for your clarification.

I honestly didn't catch the start of the Supercup so i don't know if what you saw was the guard of honor or not
but it has nothing do with Real or Barca.. the teams must do it and nothing to do with the Copa nor the CL as well .. it's just the league that see Guard of Honor
the rest is more like "congratulations " for the title , it's a tradition followed by Both Real & Barca and no escape from it no matter who is in charge of any team

B

barcelonista

Dear oh oh dear..

When was the last time teams were introduced by saying "they won 20 supercups "??

All those trophies don't matter .. it's the CL , the liga followed by the Copa.. all those 1 /2 game trophies are nice for collection but no one lose sleep over them

So when was the last time Real Madrid won a Supercup? Those trophies don't matter? Supporting a club that has only won 1 in like 4 years, you should show a bit more humility. Because your players organised a whole parade the last time they won one of those "unimportant trophies". Besides, I can see 3 La Liga titles and 2 CL titles there. When was the last time Real Madrid won the league for 3 consecutive times? When was the last time you won a CL title?

Beast

The Observer
The last year we won the liga we won the Super cup as well ..
the parade is a tradition for Real for any of the big 3 trophies , it's the way to celebrate with our fans and the captain must give hold the trophy with the statue and bestow the club flag/scarf on her.. that's the way it is

B

barcelonista

The last year we won the liga we won the Super cup as well ..
the parade is a tradition for Real for any of the big 3 trophies , it's the way to celebrate with our fans and the captain must give hold the trophy with the statue and bestow the club flag/scarf on her.. that's the way it is

Weird tradition for an "unimportant" trophy then.

But we've derailed the whole discussion. So once again. If we won the CL but lost La Liga with 15 points, we won't be seen as the best team? Then I ask you: Who will?

Beast

The Observer
It will be debatable by pundits and everyone , did you consider AC Milan the best team in the world when they won ? or United ?

you cule's debated that you were unlucky not the be there

Did i say the Copa is unimportant ? i said it's 3rd choice ... did you see us gloat about winning it here ? we were happy it's a nice trophy we haven't won since 91 due to many reasons but that's it , it's a trophy that we usually take to Cibeles if for anything it's still called the "King's " cup and we are the Royal club of Madrid

Maria

I honestly didn't catch the start of the Supercup so i don't know if what you saw was the guard of honor or not
but it has nothing do with Real or Barca.. the teams must do it and nothing to do with the Copa nor the CL as well .. it's just the league that see Guard of Honor
the rest is more like "congratulations " for the title , it's a tradition followed by Both Real & Barca and no escape from it no matter who is in charge of any team

Like I said..we done it the last time you won La Liga and the last time you won the Cup(the much despised Pique remained and shaked hands with all your players). Mourinho and all RM players run at the lockerooms when they should have staid and congratulated Barca in the Supercup(like Sevilla did in 2010 and Athletic in 2009). So don't give me all this nonsense..it's a tradition and a sign of sportsmanship for any finalist to congratulate any winner.

But with players like this in your team you woulnd't understand:

B

barcelonista

It will be debatable by pundits and everyone , did you consider AC Milan the best team in the world when they won ? or United ?

If we won the CL this season, it would mean that most of our players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pique, Puyol, Valdes would have 4 CL titles to their names. The majority of our players have a WC title to their names as well. Plus a star player with 3 Ballon d'Ors to his name. A team concisting of such players will not go down as the best team in 2012 but as one of the best in football history. That's a total different story than United winning 1 CL title. This Barcelona team hasn't competed just in 2012. The players constantly compete since 2008, for both, club and country. And succesfully. You're trying to belittle it and call us "like Liverpool" if we don't win the league for the 4th consecutive time. That's delusional, to say the least.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned

you cule's debated that you were unlucky not the be there

Did i say the Copa is unimportant ? i said it's 3rd choice ... did you see us gloat about winning it here ? we were happy it's a nice trophy we haven't won since 91 due to many reasons but that's it , it's a trophy that we usually take to Cibeles if for anything it's still called the "King's " cup and we are the Royal club of Madrid

Even if we lose La Liga by 457 points, and win the CL, the whole planet will know, who the best team is.

What you are not getting, is that a CL triumph in 2012 for Barca, will not just be a CL title (absolutely massive on its merit, of course) It will be a further addition, another glorious chapter on this team's epic achievements. We will be the first side to ever retain the new CL. Even more importantly, our latest CL triumph (if that comes to pass) will signify a whole era of dominance on the European stage.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Winning CL doesn't mean you're the best club in the world/Europe... It's just the bull shit spoken by the useless media. It's a pity there are people like dalitis who fall for that.

Consistency is always the mark of the best. Let's say you won the CL and then went on to being shit the next season, does that make you the best!? Inter won the CL two years ago, media went about how grande they were, but look where they are now!!

Had we not won the CL last year, we'd still have won the accolades from the pundits. Just not so much from the media.

P.S. Retaining the Cl trophy is a massive achievement though.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

So a team that has won 13 out of possible 16 trophies in the last 3.5 years, and 3 of them already in this season (Spanish Super Cup against RM if some has forgotten, European Super Cup against a Porto side that won it all last season, the FIFA Club World Cup against the Copa Libertadores holders Santos) and eliminated RM from the Copa Del Rey to advance to the final and moreover is the favorite to retain the CL is somehow a weaker than a team who only wins the league (without being capable of winning against FCB at all) and who only has won 1 single trophy (Copa Del Rey) in the last 3.5 years?
As Sir Alex Ferguson recently said; FCB is still the team to beat and the best team around.

It’s FCB that has thrown the league away due to their horrendous away form in the league not because RM is the best team.
If they were the best team as some claim they would have won the Spanish Super Cup, beaten us in the league at their home and eliminated us from the Copa Del Rey. But they did not.

And if Milan was not the best team in Europe during the 2006-2007 season who was it then? Capellos RM:lol: or the Man U team that got their asses kicked by AC Milan?

dalitis8

Banned
Winning CL doesn't mean you're the best club in the world/Europe... It's just the bull shit spoken by the useless media. It's a pity there are people like dalitis who fall for that.

Consistency is always the mark of the best. Let's say you won the CL and then went on to being shit the next season, does that make you the best!? Inter won the CL two years ago, media went about how grande they were, but look where they are now!!

Had we not won the CL last year, we'd still have won the accolades from the pundits. Just not so much from the media.

Winning a random CL does not make you the best. But it surely gives you a claim to that distinction. This is what I have said.

A league title, means that you are the best (probably the most appropriate term here is "consistent") in your own country. It says absolutely nothing about where you are standing on the European stage.

If league competition was that important, then United and City could have claimed, that they are better than us, since they are doing well in their own league, a league that is number one in the UEFA rankings.

*Winning 3 CLs in 4 years though, doesn't mean you are the best. It means that you are divine!!!

Maria

And another thing..I don't understand what's up with madridistas and their fascination for the pasillo. Especially seeing as to how the last time we did it for RM everyone thought it will be the beginning of RM domination over us, but instead it was the beginning of this man's era:

images

Exactly..we sound like madridistas sounded last year when they were at 8 pts from us..we should have kept fighting in the league and put RM under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans