Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Like I said..we done it the last time you won La Liga and the last time you won the Cup(the much despised Pique remained and shaked hands with all your players). Mourinho and all RM players run at the lockerooms when they should have staid and congratulated Barca in the Supercup(like Sevilla did in 2010 and Athletic in 2009). So don't give me all this nonsense..it's a tradition and a sign of sportsmanship for any finalist to congratulate any winner.

But with players like this in your team you woulnd't understand:

Looks like you don't know what the Guard of honor is , It's done prior to the game , one team stands in two lines and clap the champions who enter from the center of those two lines .. has zero to do with the handshakes after the game or anything of that sort

If we won the CL this season, it would mean that most of our players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pique, Puyol, Valdes would have 4 CL titles to their names. The majority of our players have a WC title to their names as well. Plus a star player with 3 Ballon d'Ors to his name. A team concisting of such players will not go down as the best team in 2012 but as one of the best in football history. That's a total different story than United winning 1 CL title. This Barcelona team hasn't competed just in 2012. The players constantly compete since 2008, for both, club and country. And succesfully. You're trying to belittle it and call us "like Liverpool" if we don't win the league for the 4th consecutive time. That's delusional, to say the least.

I'm not talking about how Epic this team will go in history books , it's one of the best teams football seen it won't affect that .. it will just affect who is the best in the world this season
Even if we lose La Liga by 457 points, and win the CL, the whole planet will know, who the best team is.

What you are not getting, is that a CL triumph in 2012 for Barca, will not just be a CL title (absolutely massive on its merit, of course) It will be a further addition, another glorious chapter on this team's epic achievements. We will be the first side to ever retain the new CL. Even more importantly, our latest CL triumph (if that comes to pass) will signify a whole era of dominance on the European stage.

Of course it's an achievement but won't make you the best in the world , that's my point .. the best in Europe , another mark for this talented generation and of course keeping it back to back
but you are getting ahead of yourself as if you won it... which is still not the case.. you will murder Leverkusen tonight than the second KO stage it will start to be a little interesting if you get a good team
Winning CL doesn't mean you're the best club in the world/Europe... It's just the bull shit spoken by the useless media. It's a pity there are people like dalitis who fall for that.

Consistency is always the mark of the best. Let's say you won the CL and then went on to being shit the next season, does that make you the best!? Inter won the CL two years ago, media went about how grande they were, but look where they are now!!

Had we not won the CL last year, we'd still have won the accolades from the pundits. Just not so much from the media.

P.S. Retaining the Cl trophy is a massive achievement though.

true

B

barcelonista

Tbh, a pasillo would be great. After winning for so long, you will get complacent naturally. A pasillo though would light a fire under our players asses once again. Since we had to do it the last time, we went on losing only 1 Clasico in 4 years and winning 13 out of 16 trophies. :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
And another thing..I don't understand what's up with madridistas and their fascination for the pasillo. Especially seeing as to how the last time we did it for RM everyone thought it will be the beginning of RM domination over us

As if Cules weren't the ones yapping about having RM do a pasillo in the Super Cup game following last year's CL Final. It's not only madridistas who are "fascinated" about it.

X

xaviniesta

i\m just asking - with how many points real madrid have to lead barcelona so that barcelona would have to do that 'pasillo' ?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Winning a random CL does not make you the best. But it surely gives you a claim to that distinction. This is what I have said.

A league title, means that you are the best (probably the most appropriate term here is "consistent") in your own country. It says absolutely nothing about where you are standing on the European stage.

If league competition was that important, then United and City could have claimed, that they are better than us, since they are doing well in their own league, a league that is number one in the UEFA rankings.
La Liga is the number one league according to the UEFA rankings...

Winning CL is definitely a massive achivement and does put you among the best of the season. But doesn't mean you're one only if you have won it per se

Our status as the best club, among the pundits, would remain intact unless RM wins both CL & league this season.
Let's say we won the CL and them the league, they would say RM has really closed the gap. But let's say we some how went on to win the league and them CL, we'd still be considered the best

Last edited:

Maria

Tbh, a pasillo would be great. After winning for so long, you will get complacent naturally. A pasillo though would light a fire under our players asses once again. Since we had to do it the last time, we went on losing only 1 Clasico in 4 years and winning 13 out of 16 trophies. :lol:

That's my view too..for me as a fan it's not demeaning at all..but for our players must mean very much.

Beast, I know what a pasillo is..but if you can't congratulate us after winning the Supercup(like the tradition says) and your capitain accuse us of stealing a title again, I don't see why we should congratulate you in the league(just like another tradition says). I don't respect my father just because he gives an apple or an expensive jewerly. So its the same with the sportsmanship: you either have it or you don't. And your current team doesn't have it.

Beast

The Observer
Pasillo is la liga tradition , handshaking is players thing..
Oh our captain ? so was your Xavi,Alves..etc please

DucdeOrléans

La Liga is the number one league according to the UEFA rankings...

Winning CL is definitely a massive achivement and does put you among the best of the season. But doesn't mean you're one only if you have won it per se

Our status as the best club, among the pundits, would remain intact unless RM wins both CL & league this season.
Let's say we won the CL and them the league, they would say RM has really closed the gap. But let's say we some how went on to win the league and them CL, we'd still be considered the best

No, the PL is ranked as the number 1 league according to UEFA.

Unless RM win the CL and the league this season they will not be regarded as the better team. Especially not against the team of our caliber (13 titles out of possible 16 in the last 3.5 years) that moreover has beaten the "supposed" best team in the Spanish Super Cup, eliminated them from the Copa Del Rey and beaten them in the league away from home.

If we win the Copa Del Rey final and are able to retain the CL (of course this is far from certain but we are still the favorites according to the bookies and most experts) we would have won 5 out of 6 trophies. 3 of them after elimating RM (if we should meet in the CL again this season). That is a much better achievement that "merely" winning the league titel (after not being able to win against ones bitter rivals (if RM losses or draws at the Camp Nou in April).

Only the most hardcore RM fans would claim otherwise.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If Barca win CL and Real la liga and Barca beat Real in the league in the nou camp thus cementing their domination in head to head, then I am sorry but Barca will be acknowledged as the better team - no doubt about it.

Personally speaking until Real can beat Barca in La Liga or CL I remain unconvinced that they are better than Barcelona.

Certainly this season they are much more the consistent team and deserve their lead in la liga, however for me to acknowledge Real as the better team they need to beat Barca.

However if Barca cannot match the consistency of Real in the league, then that is their own fault and you have to give credit to Real.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
If Barca win CL and Real la liga and Barca beat Real in the league in the nou camp thus cementing their domination in head to head, then I am sorry but Barca will be acknowledged as the better team - no doubt about it.

Personally speaking until Real can beat Barca in La Liga or CL I remain unconvinced that they are better than Barcelona.

Certainly this season they are much more the consistent team and deserve their lead in la liga, however for me to acknowledge Real as the better team they need to beat Barca.

However if Barca cannot match the consistency of Real in the league, then that is their own fault and you have to give credit to Real.

this post deserves a glass of exquisite rum ... over 2 ice cubes ...

View attachment 4644

Maria

Pasillo is la liga tradition , handshaking is players thing..
Oh our captain ? so was your Xavi,Alves..etc please

No, staying for a trophy to be given to the winner and congratulating him is a tradition in all sports..

Also Alves it's not our cpt(God forbid)..and Xavi was too gentlemen for the way your players behaved on the pitch(remember the Ramos incident or Casillas' acusations?)..

Chainsaw

Killahead
Real Madrid defender Pepe has been branded the 'biggest villain in football' by the German newspaper Sport Bild.

BILD has published a list of 15 people of the greatest villains in the game today, with Pepe coming out on top.

TOP-15 FOOTBALL VILLAINS:

1. Pepe (Real Madrid)
2. Marco Materazzi (former Internazionale Milano)
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (AC Milan)
4. Luis Suarez (Liverpool)
5. Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid)
6. Mario Balotelli (Manchester City)
7. Nigel de Jong (Manchester City)
8. Jermaine Jones (Schalke)
9. Gennaro Gattuso (AC Milan)
10. Mark Van Bommel (AC Milan)
11. Kevin-Prince Boateng (AC Milan)
12. Maik Franz (Hertha Berlin)
13. Arnautovic (Werder Bremen)
14. Marcelo (Real Madrid)