Roberto Firmino

I think 40m is a great price considering he has had 2 great years and one good year in the BL, he's generally healthy and is a great fit for Liverpool, not to mention his age. If he continues on improving and doesn't pull a Robinho, they can squeeze out at least 60m from RM/Barca in 3-4 years time. If he flops, they can get most of their money back next year. If he stays and becomes a club legend, that fee will easily be looked back as a bargain.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Great signing for them but I don't think he'll be able to compensate for the loss of Sterling.

Not the exact same profile, but IMHO, Firmino is a better player than Sterling who is a good talent, but far, far away from anything big or polished as of yet and he certainly doesn't warrant a close to £50m move.

DrPepper

Yep, Firmino is easily as good as Sterling. He simply doesn't have the reputation yet. It's a good transfer for both Hoffenheim and Liverpool for sure. Roberto is a player who knows how to score - something Liverpool lacked last season. Not sure where he'll play though.

Although tbh Firmino could've moved to a better club. No doubt in my eyes he could make it at City or United.

Last edited:

Yannik

41mio, this is actually good for both clubs. Liverpool got the player they wanted and Hoffenheim an absolutely fair amount of money for it.

S7_MUFC

Not the exact same profile, but IMHO, Firmino is a better player than Sterling who is a good talent, but far, far away from anything big or polished as of yet and he certainly doesn't warrant a close to £50m move.
Firmino is the better player in terms of productivity but Liverpool have too many players who are similar to him so they'll miss the raw pace of Sterling..If I was their manager I'd try to convince Sterling to stay for a season and give his best or get him to sign a contract with a release clause because with Sterling,Firmino and Coutinho they'll have a decent shot at getting back into top 4...

raki

Another example on selling to english clubs. Overpriced. Almost as Alexis (42) and more 7M than Cesc. lol

Jombi

Hoffenheim should have gotten 50m euros for him. 40m is too cheap. I wonder where he would play with Coutinho also starting.

S7_MUFC

So the pace is everything that matters? Firmino's got better dribbling, better shot and better creativity.

I wouldn't say Firmino's a better dribbler because Sterling can dribble with Pace and in terms of close control he is probably among the best in the world alongside the likes of Hazard,Robben etc..He is awful at finishing but we've seen countless examples of players with exceptional talent but poor end product come good all of a sudden and turn into world beaters..

S7_MUFC

Sterling is overrated IMO. He clearly talented and young but he hasn't shown anything.

He's shown plenty. Liverpool fans have downplayed him so much that he's becoming underrated...just look at this
For a 20 year old to have a season like that under his belt is pretty impressive..

Home of Barca Fans