Ronald Koeman

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Cloning a Dream Team player: "I would clone myself, but this is not a criticism of center-backs.

Balls of this man.

tenor.gif

Birdy

On Griezman:
To this day, the only thing he does better than Dembele on the right, is tracking back...
That means that Dembele is better option to start there in 70% of games all season Vs inferior opponents that park the bus.
I don't even mention Trincao, because apart from better offensively, he might be as good defensively as well.

You should see Setien's thread after his first game or two: "omg it's so different, we actually attacked, so different from valverde, omg omfg omg!" Getting carried away is a staple of this forum.
Because Setien's initial plan was good.
Crucial difference between the two is not the plan, but the authority and power to implement it:
Setien was given no power and was mercilessly surrendered to the hands of the Amigos and their wants.
Koeman is granted power by the board, and he has exercised that power already. The only one who is still having more power than him atm is Messi.

vegitot

On Griezman:
To this day, the only thing he does better than Dembele on the right, is tracking back...
That means that Dembele is better option to start there in 70% of games all season Vs inferior opponents that park the bus.
I don't even mention Trincao, because apart from better offensively, he might be as good defensively as well.

Because Setien's initial plan was good.
Crucial difference between the two is not the plan, but the authority and power to implement it:
Setien was given no power and was mercilessly surrendered to the hands of the Amigos and their wants.
Koeman is granted power by the board, and he has exercised that power already. The only one who is still having more power than him atm is Messi.

Setien had no plan. Copy Cruyff is not a plan at all.

Messigician

- What happened on your conversation with Marcelo Bielsa?

🎙️ Pep Guardiola: "He said to me what is your opinion on the game and after one second, I am not able to. Maybe he is much cleverer than me, I need time to process.."

Barcilliant

It's a bit early but I like the fact that he has authority and character. It also helps that the Messi, Suarez and Vidal clique isn't there anymore to undermine a manager.
An unreal player, no doubt. If he played today he'd be worth 150 million at least.

JohnN

It's a bit early but I like the fact that he has authority and character. It also helps that the Messi, Suarez and Vidal clique isn't there anymore to undermine a manager.
An unreal player, no doubt. If he played today he'd be worth 150 million at least.

Vidal was in a clique? That's kind of exaggerated.

JohnN

In my opinion that's a good thing. Players need to have a strong relationship outside the field. It's the Manager's responsibility to handle the dressing room and not be a pushover. Vidal played EV and Setien and they both crumbled to the tiniest of pressure. As did Rakitic. Those are not players "protected" by Messi or anyone else. It's just EV and Setien are the kind of guys who want to have good relationship with everyone.

Messigician

In my opinion that's a good thing. Players need to have a strong relationship outside the field. It's the Manager's responsibility to handle the dressing room and not be a pushover. Vidal played EV and Setien and they both crumbled to the tiniest of pressure. As did Rakitic. Those are not players "protected" by Messi or anyone else. It's just EV and Setien are the kind of guys who want to have good relationship with everyone.

Lmfao tell that to Malcom

henias

About Busi, we only have 3 pivots: Frenkie, Pjanic, Busi.
So, he will play a lot.
He is not THAT bad for La Liga in this system.

About Griezmann, he is also not that bad and he could turn around his Barca career like Coutinho with some luck and confidence.
About Griezmann, his position is also quite strong.
Busi is one of 3 pivots aiming for 2 positions.
Yet, about Griezmann, his only opponents are Dembele who is horrible.
And Trincao, who is a kid and who, for example, lost every single ball in the last match.

Unless if you want to make even crazier decisions with moving Messi to a RW, or trying to squeeze in Puig into a formation.

In this moment, based on which players do we have in a team, based on our current results and based on how well, fast and balanced we play = there is absolutely no reason to change a single player from a starting lineup.

Trincao takes alot more risks and isnt the best playing as a LW and we were also down to 10 men. Cant conclude anything from that but he still offers more control and burst down wings when Messi drifts centrally. Still has decent amount of movement.

Koeman sees griezmann as an asset for his movement and workrate. It's his confidence in front of goal that needs to improve. We have Messi, Coutinho and Fati to try fancier moves, so I guess a direct and simple player is not a bad fit even though he is not for my taste.

If movement and workrate is all he provides then Barca is still at a disadvantage here because you depend heavily on 1 or 2 players for goals especially now Suarez is gone and Fati is still developing. It isn't just a "confidence" issue as many would claim; notably he is only one footed and doesnt drive alot of power in his shots and has really weak shooting technique, eg. no finesse or flair. If ball comes to his right foot he scuffs it alot, even Messi who is one footed has a better right foot than he does. And lastly, he isnt playing his best position which is a second striker. He is has poor poaching instincts even if he keeps running into positions. I believe many youngsters can provide that pace, movement and workrate as well. He isnt the only one who does. We still played better as a 10 men without him.

The thought of Koeman being able to transform him into this CR7 like poacher is far fetched as he was never one to begin with.

I would rather give more chances to youngsters and you'll never know what they can turn out to be. Griezmann is already here long enough to prove his worth

Morten

Cloning a Dream Team player: "I would clone myself, but this is not a criticism of center-backs.

Balls of this man.

A young Ronald Koeman would walk into this Barca-side, im pretty sure, so its a fair statement.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans