Ronald Koeman

FC433

I think 352 will suit us better. Something like this:

Depay MB
Griezmann

Alba Pedri FDJ Dest

Garica Araujo Mingueza

MTS

Should address most of our squad issues, on paper.

malvolio

I think 352 will suit us better. Something like this:

Depay MB
Griezmann

Alba Pedri FDJ Dest

Garica Araujo Mingueza

MTS

Should address most of our squad issues, on paper.

let's just drop the 352, 343 or 4231 shenanigans. 433 or go home.

serghei

For 3-4-3 / 3-5-2 to work, the central defender must be very comfortable on the ball. We looked pretty crap with that system whenever the central dude wasn't De Jong.

FC433

For 3-4-3 / 3-5-2 to work, the central defender must be very comfortable on the ball. We looked pretty crap with that system whenever the central dude wasn't De Jong.
That is true. We could either play FDJ as a CB and have Nico at midfield or (I prefer this one) play Garcia in the middle. I do not believe we have the players to play 433, unfortunately. I hope Laporta is not actually forcing RK to play 433.

FC433

:lol: that is definitely one reason. Also to avoid playing Griezmann at RW and Depay or MB at LW, and Dest and Alba as pure LB and RB since they are liable defensively.

mc_lovin

:lol: that is definitely one reason. Also to avoid playing Griezmann at RW and Depay or MB at LW, and Dest and Alba as pure LB and RB since they are liable defensively.

Griezmann didn't play RW in a 433 either. He's all over the place (and not in a good sense so far).

This. Just replace him with a talented guy from the B team. The loss, if at all, is minimal.

I don't think it works like that. Fingers crossed though (for Nico especially).

serghei

I don't think it works like that. Fingers crossed though (for Nico especially).

I'm afraid we are at a point where we are out of better options. It should work exactly like that now. It's basically this, or play old veterans who can't run. I prefer youngsters who at least can run and put up a fight.

mc_lovin

I'm afraid we are at a point where we are out of better options. It should work exactly like that now. It's basically this, or play old veterans who can't run. I prefer youngsters who at least can run and put up a fight.

That's the first step to end like Arsenal. Youngsters have to earn their minutes. If Busquets is better in training than Nico for example he should play (and I suppose that's the case).

serghei

That's the first step to end like Arsenal. Youngsters have to earn their minutes. If Busquets is better in training than Nico for example he should play (and I suppose that's the case).

We're not ending up like Arsenal. We still have payers like De Jong, Griezmann, Depay, Pedri. And we don't play in PL. But we still can't be playing the same old finished players. We're going nowhere this way. I'm all for playing experienced players as long as they are not big liabilities. Our lot though, they're the worst kind of mature players, the washed up slow ones who look retired when you watch them run.

Lewa, Muller, these are 33, 32 like Alba, and Busi. But it's night and day, they are super trained athletes compared to our softies. Incredible that we pushed out Alves while he was still good enough to shine at Juve and make CL final next season, while we play these comical versions of Pique and Busi.

Do you see Pique and Busi moving to another team and being a main star while making the CL final? :lol: I don't. If we put them on the market, they have no buyer except some MLS team. Everybody knows they're done as a turkey on Thanksgiving.

Fans just need to let go of the dinosaurs and go all in with the rebuild. Ideally we sign a good experienced DM, and bench Busi for good. But if that is not possible, we have to rush in the youngsters. Like we did with Pedri and Fati, successfully.

Besides, Arsenal haven't won a serious big title since 2004. That's 17 years ago. I think we'll win La Liga again before 2038.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

We're not ending up like Arsenal. We still have payers like De Jong, Griezmann, Depay, Pedri. And we don't play in PL. But we still can't be playing the same old finished players. We're going nowhere this way. I'm all for playing experienced players as long as they are not big liabilities. Our lot though, they're the worst kind of mature players, the washed up slow ones who look retired when you watch them run.

Lewa, Muller, these are 33, 32 like Alba, and Busi. But it's night and day, they are super trained athletes compared to our softies. Incredible that we pushed out Alves while he was still good enough to shine at Juve and make CL final next season, while we play these comical versions of Pique and Busi.

Do you see Pique and Busi moving to another team and being a main star while making the CL final? :lol: I don't. If we put them on the market, they have no buyer except some MLS team. Everybody knows they're done as a turkey on Thanksgiving.

I just think it's fundamentally wrong to gift minutes to youngsters. It's not like you 'invest' and they are surely going to work out/get better. Some adversary and fighting for a place can't be wrong.

This season I am sure we are going to end up somewhere between first and third place. And for now I think Busquets, Pique and Alba will help us getting closer to first than third (instead of going all in with five U20 players). Pique has the best alternatives though, so I hope we gradually replace him this season.

serghei

I just think it's fundamentally wrong to gift minutes to youngsters. It's not like you 'invest' and they are surely going to work out/get better. Some adversary and fighting for a place can't be wrong.

This season I am sure we are going to end up somewhere between first and third place. And for now I think Busquets, Pique and Alba will help us getting closer to first than third (instead of going all in with five U20 players). Pique has the best alternatives though, so I hope we gradually replace him this season.

You don't gift them minutes. They did well in preseason and you play them because the veterans are too washed up even in the present, leaving aside that they are a complete nonfactor for this team looking at the future in the next 2 years. If they suck and look lost, you take it easy and make a step back. If they play well and show promising signs you continue. It was a gift to play Fati away vs Osasuna too by your logic.

The team right now is in a position where results immediately are near impossible. We will make top 4, lose the title, get out of CL, and call it a season. Like last year, and the year before. But you can use this time to promote more players, or you can use it to play a central axis of Pique + Busi + Braithwaite and do fuck all.

It's been proven in the last 2 years that the veterans can't give us titles on short term, even with Messi in the team, let alone without him. So the incentive to keep playing them is gone.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I've gotten so tired of "They need to play because of experience" at least in our case.

Experience matters but when the player is completely finished at the top level it really negates the experience factor. The likes of Busi and Pique are just not good enough anymore, Both of them are so slow and cannot defend for shit and both can't seem to use the ball worth a lick when we are getting pressed hard.

Make matters worse with Pique our other CB options bar Araujo either have question marks are are just flat out not top level. I'm going to give Garcia a chance this season but as for the likes of Lenglet and Umtiti? They ain't shit and have gotten to many chances to prove they can still contribute and failed to do so.

Not a fan of Alba either, heck I doubt there's anyone that is a fan of this guy in general. The only reason people have put up with his shit is because he delivered the goods but these days the guy is a clown who mentally buckles in high-intensity games.

mc_lovin

You don't gift them minutes. They did well in preseason and you play them because the veterans are too washed up even in the present, leaving aside that they are a complete nonfactor for this team looking at the future in the next 2 years. If they suck and look lost, you take it easy and make a step back. If they play well and show promising signs you continue. It was a gift to play Fati away vs Osasuna too by your logic.

The team right now is in a position where results immediately are near impossible. We will make top 4, lose the title, get out of CL, and call it a season. Like last year, and the year before. But you can use this time to promote more players, or you can use it to play a central axis of Pique + Busi + Braithwaite and do fuck all.

It's been proven in the last 2 years that the veterans can't give us titles on short term, even with Messi in the team, let alone without him. So the incentive to keep playing them is gone.

No, he earned it. To the rest (apart from Braithwaite, no idea why the heck you mentioned him - that's cheap):

- Alba has no competition, so no need to discuss him I guess (Gaya was mentioned a lot, but Alba is far superior. Balde needs time).

- Busquets generally had very good or very poor performances last season. The question is whether we can shield him better this season (especially with another systemic weakness in Messi gone). Early days. But I do hope we see more of Nico to have more of an educated discussion instead of YoUtH

- Pique is 50/50 for me, I kind of prefer Araujo and Garcia though it's rather close. They aren't clear cut improvements for now.

Home of Barca Fans