Ronald Koeman

fergus90

Xavi recently said he'd like to manage in the Premier League so managing Barca might not even be his highest priority right now.

MTL_Barca

Xavi would be pretty dumb to only focus his career on Barca and we shouldn't see it as a given that he will just be easily available once the club feels like it. If he even can establish himself as a top class coach of course. Still seems likely that it'll happen sooner or later though.

Would've been the worst time to take over anyway, i'm not a Koeman fan but he really doesn't have an easy job right now. He basically has to work with no money at all and whatever old, overpaid squad Barto left behind. And by the time this mess will hopefully be resolved for the most part he'll likely be gone.

khaled_a_d

Comparing Inter to Barca is at the level of trolling

I didn't compare either clubs.
But Conte refused to continue at Inter because they were broke and losing their best players.
That is the same situation as Barca, barely any significant signing and losing our best player.
Please educate me why would Conte coach Barca in such situation?

serghei

I didn't compare either clubs.
But Conte refused to continue at Inter because they were broke and losing their best players.
That is the same situation as Barca, barely any significant signing and losing our best player.
Please educate me why would Conte coach Barca in such situation?

We are still Barca though. Would be the biggest club he ever coached. And our squad still allows us to win the league with a top-class manager like Conte. It would be tough, but it could be done.

We have no chance in CL, but it's not like he delivered in CL anyway. Plus, I don't see Conte as that high of a sought-after manager for him to be extra picky, it's not like other top 10 clubs are looking for managers. Most are pretty set.

It's not like he's Pep, to have 3-4 elite teams / clubs lined up to get him and for him to choose what he wants.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We are still Barca though. Would be the biggest club he ever coached. And our squad still allows us to win the league with a top-class manager like Conte. It would be tough, but it could be done.

We have no chance in CL, but it's not like he delivered in CL anyway. Plus, I don't see Conte as that high of a sought-after manager for him to be extra picky, it's not like other top 10 clubs are looking for managers. Most are pretty set.

It's not like he's Pep, to have 3-4 elite teams / clubs lined up to get him and for him to choose what he wants.

As I said in the 1st post, Conte is a "my way or the highway" type of coach, he wants full control.
He carries himself like Pep, doesn't matter if he isn't Pep level of coach but that is how he carries himself and want to act.
And even if we are the biggest club he will ever coach (debatable btw) he would want to succeed rather than being something to tarnish his career.

FinBarcelonafan

Conte would last with Barcas stupid policy's and politics for two weeks.

Terrible fit

In the end, Koeman is the right for us. I don't anybody better would even want to join this mess..

Birdy

Conte would be a good bet under very different circumstances.

Right now the difficult road ahead is twofold: Clean house, both financially (that's on Laporta), and on the pitch (by phasing out slowly ALL veterans)
while at the same time phase in a new core of players based on FDJ, Pedri, Ansu, Araujo etc
The last part is on Koeman, and the first coach that replaces him in the future who would not be Conte

malvolio

and on the pitch (by phasing out slowly ALL veterans)

won't happen this season as koeman hasn't got real options and he's a pragmatist(favors the results first).

pique - might be phased out because of injuries, otherwise i'd wager koeman will prefer playing with him and one of araujo/garcia/lenglet in most games(surely the big ones)
alba - no real competition this season, will start all liga and CL games
busquets - no direct competitor so don't think koeman will experiment in tough games with roberto or other rotations in midfield

basicaly we have 3 veterans in first 11, but they hardly are threatened by whats on the bench

while at the same time phase in a new core of players based on FDJ, Pedri, Ansu, Araujo etc

those 4 were already starting games last season, but injuries took their toll. maybe one of demir or gavi could be a surprise this season, the rest are kind of wank.

Birdy

Didn't say all this will happen this season.

I wish, but I don't see it.
Pique, with his declining performance, can be really phased out this season, we have a lot of defenders to replace him with
Busi will be phased out probably next season, after we buy in 2022 a physical md, the likes of Renato Sanches or Camavinga
Alba will be phased out when we buy a top LB, like Gosens

SmilerBam

That is a big deal though. If any team can press you and you just don't have an answer other than wait for the 60-70th minute for their legs to go (while hoping you're still in the game by that point), you're not really top manager material.

But i thought this was the case because Messi was in the team :blush: Now that we have Griezzy Cardioman in that role, i thought no one will press us. Guess i was wrong...

SmilerBam

As I said in the 1st post, Conte is a "my way or the highway" type of coach, he wants full control.
He carries himself like Pep, doesn't matter if he isn't Pep level of coach but that is how he carries himself and want to act.
And even if we are the biggest club he will ever coach (debatable btw) he would want to succeed rather than being something to tarnish his career.

Not debatable. We would be the biggest. Juve is big, but in Europe they are bottlers, and Inter are just a level below. But i don't like his style of play. And he'll never come here i think. For the reasons you said. He likes to have full control, he is authoritarian and he needs money. Money we don't have.

Home of Barca Fans