Ronald Koeman

Birdy

He would deserve it, but that doesn't mean it would be the right decision. It depends entirely on who is available.

XAvi is available. Big opportunity!
Let's ditch all the hard and painful work of renewing and recycling the squad, and go to an unproven dogmatic wannabe Pepista, who will never become Pep, and still thinks its 2011 and Barca can play that football in 2021

It's simple, and Laporta is getting it:
No risky bets. Koeman stays as long as one of the following cannot replace him: Pep, Tuchel, Flick, Nagelsman, Ten Haag, Pochetino
End of list

Joan

I doubt Laporta would sack him now. Can't think of anyone available who'd be attractive to Laporta.

Flick, Tuchel, and Nagelsmann. I'd like to see one of them take over.

Bobo32

XAvi is available. Big opportunity!
Let's ditch all the hard and painful work of renewing and recycling the squad, and go to an unproven dogmatic wannabe Pepista, who will never become Pep, and still thinks its 2011 and Barca can play that football in 2021

It's simple, and Laporta is getting it:
No risky bets. Koeman stays as long as one of the following cannot replace him: Pep, Tuchel, Flick, Nagelsman, Ten Haag, Pochetino
End of list

Only six names in your small list, and you misspelled at least half of them...
Three years ago, Flick was a total nobody, far beneath where Xavi is right now. Some of the others as well.
The one who decides the next Barcelona manager should be ahead, not behind, and know what some anonymous birdy on a forum will post as the only six on the list three years from now, already. I think Xavi is a good candidate and should be tried ASAP instead of continuing with Koeman who is proven to be a fraud.

Birdy

I doubt Laporta would sack him now. Can't think of anyone available who'd be attractive to Laporta.

This.

Laporta dreams of Pep.
But, apart from Pep, he greatly appreciates the emerging German school of coaches, and the names I listed above are on the top of that list.
Hence, that's why he tried to convinced Flick to take over Barca, but the latter had given his word to DFB

On the contrary, he does NOT think (and rightfully so) that Pepista Barca-DNA unproven bets like Xavi, Pimienta, etc are the right people to coach Barca, hence he trusts Koeman to continue more than them

Birdy

Three years ago, Flick was a total nobody, far beneath where Xavi is right now. Some of the others as well.
The one who decides the next Barcelona manager should be ahead, not behind, and know what some anonymous birdy on a forum will post as the only six on the list three years from now, already. I think Xavi is a good candidate and should be tried ASAP instead of continuing with Koeman who is proven to be a fraud.

Flick was a nobody only in this forum.
Architect of German Football since 2010, assistant coach and the mind behind Loev for years.

Thank God Laporta does not think like you, and he actively tried to convince Flick to join Barca

Bobo32

Flick was a nobody only in this forum.
Architect of German Football since 2010, assistant coach and the mind behind Loev for years.

Thank God Laporta does not think like you, and he actively tried to convince Flick to join Barca

I doubt you knew his name before 2018.
I see you were a member here since 2010, you should be able to point towards some posts where you advocated for him. Please do this! I want posts before he fluked his way to a CL win as an interim manager (his first job as head coach, aged 54)

Birdy

I doubt you knew his name before 2018.
I see you were a member here since 2010, you should be able to point towards some posts where you advocated for him. Please do this! I want posts before he fluked his way to a CL win as an interim manager (his first job as head coach, aged 54)

Yes, I found out who he is in 2018. So what?
I am not German,
members here that are familiar with German football knew him well before that

Bobo32

Yes, I found out who he is in 2018. So what?
I am not German,
members here that are familiar with German football knew him well before that

They knew about him as an unemployed former assistant manager heading towards retirement...
ten Hags carreer is not extremely dissimilar.
I am sure some people saw their potential before you and I did, just as some people right now at this moment see the potential of other managers.

You have put up a list of only six managers you think can manage Barcelona better than Cow-man. I think there are a lot of better options available.
As I do not work with football I can't tell about all of them, but I believe Xavi is one of them. If you don't believe in Xavi, you will have to come up with an argument that isn't built around ten Hag and Flick being much superior and more proven managers.

Messigician

They knew about him as an unemployed former assistant manager heading towards retirement...
ten Hags carreer is not extremely dissimilar.
I am sure some people saw their potential before you and I did, just as some people right now at this moment see the potential of other managers.

You have put up a list of only six managers you think can manage Barcelona better than Cow-man. I think there are a lot of better options available.
As I do not work with football I can't tell about all of them, but I believe Xavi is one of them. If you don't believe in Xavi, you will have to come up with an argument that isn't built around ten Hag and Flick being much superior and more proven managers.

Savage af

BusiTheKing

It's really been nothing but downhill since our first two games with him, hasn't it? You're not a great coach, Ronald, but noone can take away those two games against Villareal and Celta.

vegitot

Three years later, Flick won treble and now coach Germany NT. Xavi still stays in Qatar, cares for money more than football.
Who is actually nobody now??? Xavi has one of richest team in Qatar and flops hard in AFC Champion league, can not go past group stage :lol:

serghei

Koeman will be out (maybe after this season) but Xavi will not return to replace him.

Well... good luck hiring Pep, Tuchel, Klopp, Naggelsmann, Flick then. :lol:

Maybe we bring another EV type from a midtable club like Marcelino tough... someone to save you money for sleeping pills.

Might as well stop thinking about EV, Marcelino those types, and bring in the real big daddy of small to medium clubs management, Unai Emery.

Home of Barca Fans