Ronald Koeman

Rassvet

Its important for Koeman to send out a message to the dressing room that the manager is the one in charge of making team selections. If a player is unhappy and complains to the board about playing time, tough luck because Koeman doesn't give a crap about who the board would like to see getting minutes.

Very strong message by Koeman. Amazing manager for this transition period.

cheers, Ronald

Birdy

lol if you say so!
19-20 they at least won their CL group and got through to the QF.
They only got 82p in the league which was the worst season since Rijkaard, and it got two coaches sacked. Koemans team took even less points, and now he hangs on by the thread of having "played youngsters" and having won copa del rey in a very lucky way.

LOL :lol: Man you are amusing...

-> Lucky Copa Del Rey? How is it lucky?
Best team over both legs in all the games played

->Won their CL group? Seriously?
After delivering horrendous performances against Slavia Prague twice, against Dortmund and Inter, saved by luck most of the times.
I can remember at least 4 bad games in that group, and the only decent one came with the B-team against Inter the last matchday
On the contrary, 20-21 team delivered 5 good games, and only 1 bad against Juve at the end.

Plus the corpse team that was coached by Setien at the time, still playing Ernieball at the time, only went to QF because they faced one of the easiest opponents in the knock-out stage: Napoli, not a CL contender like PSG the season after

-> I don't know if that's news to you, but points is not an absolute metric, but rather a relative one, depending of the strength of the whole league and the teams that make it up.
19-20 had a slightly better RM overall than 20-21, but not better at derbys (I would say 20-21 RM was better than 19-20 RM when facing top 6)
and then had a much worse Atleti, much worse Sevilla, Atheltic, Villareal, Sociedad
getting 82 pts in the 20-21 LaLiga was tons more difficult than in the 19-20 LaLiga.
In fact, if you put the corpse 19-20 team into the 20-21 LaLiga you wouldn't get more than 70-2 pts

In general, it's ridiculous to look at just points, especially from bygone times (completely stupid to go as far back as the Rijkaard era), to get any conclusion.
That's what pundits do to make headlines, not supposedly - minimally at least - intelligent people that analyze football.

So, all in all, you just confirmed my observation. The 19-20 Vs 20-21 test shows just about sufficiently who gets football and who does not

Messigician

Koeman: ?The president thinks that I threw the title away, I think we didn?t. But he believes this. While the ?football people? within the club think differently.?

Messigician

where did this meltdown come from? was he unhappy with the end to the transfer window?

Laporta probably told him to shut up about a new contract it isn't happening and they'll part ways at the end of the season.

So koeman stopped caring and doesn't want to be blamed for this disaster season so would rather be fired.

Messigician

Uli Hoene? on Barcelona?s financial situation: ?David Alaba once told me: ?My dream is still to play in Barcelona one day?.*I said to him: ?Do you want to negotiate with the president or with the insolvency administrator?? (via: @iMiaSanMia)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Born in the Netherlands, to a dutch mother and a surinamese-american father. He chose USA, probably as he didn't think he'd get to play for Holland.
I don't know if he ever lived in America lol

His playing style & accent all say Dutch, irrespective of the shirt he puts on

Bobo32

His playing style & accent all say Dutch, irrespective of the shirt he puts on

Or surinamese-dutch to be more specific maybe. I don't know what Messigician was after tbh.

-> Lucky Copa Del Rey? How is it lucky?
It is lucky because they almost went out in pretty much every leg, even against farmers. It's also a bit lucky that they didn't have to face any of the Madrid teams.
->Won their CL group? Seriously?
After delivering horrendous performances against Slavia Prague twice, against Dortmund and Inter, saved by luck most of the times.
I can remember at least 4 bad games in that group, and the only decent one came with the B-team against Inter the last matchday
On the contrary, 20-21 team delivered 5 good games, and only 1 bad against Juve at the end.

Plus the corpse team that was coached by Setien at the time, still playing Ernieball at the time, only went to QF because they faced one of the easiest opponents in the knock-out stage: Napoli, not a CL contender like PSG the season after
So here they were saved by luck instead lol
They faced Napoli 2020 because they had won the pretty tough group, they faced PSG 2021 because they couldn't win the little bit easier group.
-> I don't know if that's news to you, but points is not an absolute metric, but rather a relative one, depending of the strength of the whole league and the teams that make it up.
19-20 had a slightly better RM overall than 20-21, but not better at derbys (I would say 20-21 RM was better than 19-20 RM when facing top 6)
and then had a much worse Atleti, much worse Sevilla, Atheltic, Villareal, Sociedad
getting 82 pts in the 20-21 LaLiga was tons more difficult than in the 19-20 LaLiga.
In fact, if you put the corpse 19-20 team into the 20-21 LaLiga you wouldn't get more than 70-2 pts

In general, it's ridiculous to look at just points, especially from bygone times (completely stupid to go as far back as the Rijkaard era), to get any conclusion.
That's what pundits do to make headlines, not supposedly - minimally at least - intelligent people that analyze football.

So points is a relative metric, but Birdys opinion of the strength of the teams is more absolute?
Results were objectivally worse than ever since 2007, but if the team had played well, better over time, with some reliabality and stability after all, then I would see it and could still be optimistic. But Koeman seemed to have no clue about what he was doing, and one of the biggest tells was the way he switched systems after every terrible result

Mateka

All coaches have to be allowed to make the decisions they want. That's how you separate the wheat from the chaff.

Laporta has the ultimate power to send him packing if he doesn't deliver this season.

But what does ‘deliver this season’ mean?

Home of Barca Fans