Ronald Koeman

xXKonan

I have to wonder if Koeman thinks his size will be an issue in a double pivot.

Guess Puig will just have to prove Koeman that he can do it in a double pivot as well.

Birdy

Puig was fucking fantastic next to FdJ the other day.
I know, first pre-season game, but I will be pissed if he is not tried again there by Koeman.

Zidane won 3 CL base largely on Luck & playing players in there best most optimal position i hope he can at least do this, if nothing else.

Stop trying to shoehorn players into positions they don't fit so you can fit other players with brand names into the XI.

Huge LOL :lol:
You are comparing Koeman, who comes in here with the most difficult job in the world (to disrupt Amigos power, AND to build a new team from scratch) with
Zidane, who inherited an ideal and optimal squad of world-class player at their best phase of their careers, and managed that.

jamrock

I know, first pre-season game, but I will be pissed if he is not tried again there by Koeman.

Huge LOL :lol:
You are comparing Koeman, who comes in here with the most difficult job in the world (to disrupt Amigos power, AND to build a new team from scratch) with
Zidane, who inherited an ideal and optimal squad of world-class player at their best phase of their careers, and managed that.

Your point being?

Looking beyond the fact that i didn't compare the two, i simply said i hope Koeman at least comes in & plays the players in there optimal position unlike our last two Managers, and then highlighted what zidane did with his madrid players, which is to play them in there correct positions, amoung other things, but he wasn't trying to shoehorn players into positions they don't fit.

So again your point is what exactly?.

tacticvarium

Jose Mourinho blasts 'lazy' Tottenham players after Everton defeat:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...o-lazy-tottenham-players-after-everton-defeat

"We were lazy in our pressing. That is a consequence of bad fitness, bad pre-season. Some players didn't even have a pre-season. Some players had a wrong state of mind."

I wish our players or manager/coach can be this self-critical about their shitty performance, poor mindset, and general incompetence.
Mou has been my least favorite football person along with Pepe, Cuntmar, Arbeloa, Suarez, etc but I like how he is always honest and straight-forward whenever his team displayed shit performance. Nobody has been like that since Pep or Lucho era.

ItachiXXX

Setien 2.0 in coming
I dont know what was so impressive about the 2nd half, we played with a bit of pace & verticality. Just shows how low we have sunk 😂🤣

True, forum de amigos trying so hard to find good things in a little quality.

Last edited:

serghei

I have to wonder if Koeman thinks his size will be an issue in a double pivot.

Guess Puig will just have to prove Koeman that he can do it in a double pivot as well.

He could theoretically play centrally in the "3" than in the "2". More of a CAM position. But we have many candidates for that spot.

SmilerBam

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...o-lazy-tottenham-players-after-everton-defeat

I wish our players or manager/coach can be this self-critical about their shitty performance, poor mindset, and general incompetence.
Mou has been my least favorite football person along with Pepe, Cuntmar, Arbeloa, Suarez, etc but I like how he is always honest and straight-forward whenever his team displayed shit performance. Nobody has been like that since Pep or Lucho era.
Mourinho it s a has been for years.He throws his players under the bus to hide the fact he's a dinosaur in football terms right now.

Messi983

Throwing the players under the bus will never work.

Self-critical means admitting your own mistakes which Mourinho (almost) never does. This looks more like looking for excuses (players didn't have a pre-season) and blaming players (having wrong state of mind). But it's never his fault for having bad tactics etc.

George_Costanza

Puig was good next to FDJ but his best position is more advanced role.

------------------Pjanic----FDJ-----

Dembele(Trincao)----Puig(Pedri)------Fati(Coutinho)

--------------Messi(Greaseman)

Birdy

Your point being?

Looking beyond the fact that i didn't compare the two, i simply said i hope Koeman at least comes in & plays the players in there optimal position unlike our last two Managers, and then highlighted what zidane did with his madrid players, which is to play them in there correct positions, amoung other things, but he wasn't trying to shoehorn players into positions they don't fit.

So again your point is what exactly?.

My point being: Koeman needs to do hell more than that. He needs to build a team from scratch.
You are 6 years too late. Your point applied when Lucho was in charge. That was the last time that the manager only had to play players in their optimal position

snowy

Puig was good next to FDJ but his best position is more advanced role.

------------------Pjanic----FDJ-----

Dembele(Trincao)----Puig(Pedri)------Fati(Coutinho)

--------------Messi(Greaseman)

Yup, his excellent pressing rate, boldness and creativity would be best put to use upfront. This is a pretty upbeat formation, allowing for a fast game with lots of goal opps.

For the subs, if Pedri can play LW ? he could sub Fati and have Couti sub Lulu in the AM. :thinking:

Gnidrologist

Yeah, that seems good one. Puig brings more to the table than some of our 'premium' players combined. If Koeaman continues the tradition of prefering veterans/big$ players in squad, he's dead to me.
Didn't he had one of rules "meritocracy"?

Sterlingfan2000

Koeman will count on Su?rez if he stays and the Uruguayan could become the starting striker. Su?rez has options to enter the squad list for tomorrow's friendly against Girona, but we'll have to wait and see. [cope]

Home of Barca Fans